Disc Golf Store
Old 05-23-2014, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaficionado View Post
By the way you described it, would you compare this course to Spingfield Park in Rowlett then?
definitly not. It isn't wide open like springfield. It isn't a swamp like springfield. Disc golfers designed the anna course. Springfield is no more golf than putting greens on soccer and baseball fields would be ball golf.

the tree line is utilized on almost every hole in anna. You are either playing into, through or out of it. The openness of anna is the long fairways in between the obstacles. It ia only a beating because it's long hole after long hole. Very little relief from the sun and a long walk back to the parking lot for refreshments.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

A few positive observations about slayter creek course in anna.

It would be a great tournament course. It would be fun for night rounds. Although it's mostly open, you rarely get to just grip it and rip it. Lines are forced, requiring skill as well as distance to score well.

This is probably not the course to teach someone to play, but alex clark isn't far away. It's humbling to players that can't throw far. Even from the red tees.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Playing Harry Myers today I noticed that new sockets for alternate pin positions have been installed on a majority of the holes. Any news on this and who is doing it?
Old 05-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 177
Thanks for the response and for your descriptions, eegor. That gives me a good idea of what to expect when playing Anna. Now if I can just find a good overcast day for playing it.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Anyone in DFW know a Britt Browning PDGA # 23753? I found a disc of hers I think she'd want back, have a feeling it's been lost a pretty long time and the phone # on it apparently isn't hers anymore.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:33 AM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 34
Does anyone have any information on Cole Park, according to UDisc they are "creating it."
Old 05-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikikazz View Post
Does anyone have any information on Cole Park, according to UDisc they are "creating it."
where is that at?
Old 05-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 74
Andrew Brown update- coppell texas

anyone who has played AB in Coppell texas knows that its the worst course in DFW and simply used for field practice for me, since its literally 400 feet from my house
well my son had field day the other day and i was able to pick the brain of the parks supervisor.

2 years ago i emailed the city about possible renovation for the Houck designed course, they pretty much told me there were no plans to do anything with the course. that was 2 years ago. Well on Friday i asked the same question to the parks guy and he told me they are starting phase 1 of the park and that will entail pulling the course for renovations and then phase 3 of 3 will reinstall the course. So that's good news for the future of the course. I'm going to push that the course get a total redesign.
will keep everyone posted as the information comes in. I'm attending a city council meeting june 10th
Old 05-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 34
It is located off the 75 and Wycliff Ave.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopz33 View Post
Andrew Brown update- coppell texas

anyone who has played AB in Coppell texas knows that its the worst course in DFW and simply used for field practice for me, since its literally 400 feet from my house
well my son had field day the other day and i was able to pick the brain of the parks supervisor.

2 years ago i emailed the city about possible renovation for the Houck designed course, they pretty much told me there were no plans to do anything with the course. that was 2 years ago. Well on Friday i asked the same question to the parks guy and he told me they are starting phase 1 of the park and that will entail pulling the course for renovations and then phase 3 of 3 will reinstall the course. So that's good news for the future of the course. I'm going to push that the course get a total redesign.
will keep everyone posted as the information comes in. I'm attending a city council meeting june 10th
You could probably get an awesome 9 hole course with two or three tee pads each on that property. There really isn't the land for 18 holes without getting pretty much what you have there now.