Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfire25 View Post
We were the club that showed up during the bear creek mini. Sorry I didn't know it was going on. I wish I would have brought some cash. I was the fat guy with the red beard.

Why doesn't bill Allen get any love around here? I played there a lot a couple years ago and really liked it. Our traveling club is thinking about making a stop by there in a couple weeks. Is that course all I remember it to be or was I just more of a noob/noodle arm back then?
I was a fan of bill Allen DGC but it is bookended by Lake Lewisville and Towne Lake that both have active local crews with minis going on. More shade in McKinney and no mud at the lake.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
I like Lewisville a lot. I get a smile everytime I'm driving up there.

I'm going to get some hate on this one. I don't know about McKinney. I've played it twice and it seemed like a good course but not worth the drive. Ill try it some more but I'm kind of so-so on it. It's been a year or so but all I remember was long, pretty open, and long. On the pro side I liked the upkeep, trees were awesome, and I liked the river.

I'm not bashing it I just need to get back out there and get a better feel of it.

When I think of bill Allen I think of the tight lines, water carry, stupid tree on #1, and the good mix of shots.

I'm making a trip up there in a couple weeks to hit bill Allen, Frisco, and McKinney again. I might have a different view of them after that Saturday.

Is there any pdga sanctioned leagues around the fw area?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 147
Quote:
I like Lewisville a lot. I get a smile everytime I'm driving up there.

I'm going to get some hate on this one. I don't know about McKinney. I've played it twice and it seemed like a good course but not worth the drive. Ill try it some more but I'm kind of so-so on it. It's been a year or so but all I remember was long, pretty open, and long. On the pro side I liked the upkeep, trees were awesome, and I liked the river.

I'm not bashing it I just need to get back out there and get a better feel of it.

When I think of bill Allen I think of the tight lines, water carry, stupid tree on #1, and the good mix of shots.

I'm making a trip up there in a couple weeks to hit bill Allen, Frisco, and McKinney again. I might have a different view of them after that Saturday.

Is there any pdga sanctioned leagues around the fw area?
Some times shade trumps design. I don't think of TL as long unless you are playing long tees to long pin. A bit repetitive with almost all holes being straight to right finish but it beats 18 hyzers. Mainly I played TL a lot because that was the crew I liked to play with. I was at almost every mini in McKinney year round from 2005 till we had our first kid in 2011. I think my name is still on the non profit paperwork for the McKinney DGA.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

I knew you were up there quite a bit before you moved. I like tl but for some reason I have this image of long open holes. Ill get back out there in a couple weeks to jog my memory.

Shade is amazing. We will probably hit up bill Allen first, hit Frisco, and finish with McKinney. I don't really like Frisco but my wife and a buddy's wife will need some positive in between those two courses.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 74
the problem with Bill Allen is the stickers and the burrs, they are really bad over there this time of the year.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I knew you were up there quite a bit before you moved. I like tl but for some reason I have this image of long open holes. Ill get back out there in a couple weeks to jog my memory.

Shade is amazing. We will probably hit up bill Allen first, hit Frisco, and finish with McKinney. I don't really like Frisco but my wife and a buddy's wife will need some positive in between those two courses.
id try to get in Little elm if you can.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Is it a long course? I'm trying to get two long courses in with an easy one in between. What's little elm like?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Eagle Member

Little elm has 2 pin positions. Shorts are fun, nothing longer than 250 ish
Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Little Elm (McCord) red tees are short and very easy. Blue tees aren't too long, but provide a lot more challenge than the reds. I think it's a fun course.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Frisco (Dash's Track) is chiggerville.