Old 07-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah that dash's track is ruff!(I'm sorry, I just can't erase the terrible pun)

I was the superintendent that built the dog park over there. I have never seen so many chigger bites in my life. I was coated in Vicks vapor rub for months out there.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
If you are going to play McKinney and want a short course hit Alex Clark up. Right across the street from Towne Lake and very beginner friendly. It gets busy on weekends and nice days though since it is THE beginner course in the area (the rest are not well maintained).

Towne Lake has had work done recently by the MDGA crew and we are working with the City to keep it mowed better. I wouldn't call it open and long on every hole, there are some tight lines as well as some bomber lines.

Most courses in the area are more open then TL
Old 07-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 214
McCord would be a better option to hit between Bill Allen and Towne Lake. better course than Dash's and the women can play the shorts and you guys can play the longs.

you do need to watch out for the creek though. a golden retriever is advised.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavon_andy View Post
If you are going to play McKinney and want a short course hit Alex Clark up. Right across the street from Towne Lake and very beginner friendly. It gets busy on weekends and nice days though since it is THE beginner course in the area (the rest are not well maintained).

Towne Lake has had work done recently by the MDGA crew and we are working with the City to keep it mowed better. I wouldn't call it open and long on every hole, there are some tight lines as well as some bomber lines.

Most courses in the area are more open then TL
I went back and looked at some pictures and your right. I've been playing cedar hill a lot so my sense of open vs tight is a little skewed. Going back through the pics I remember it better.

I'll be up there again soon to get its feel again. 250 was a good drive for me when I played it. That might have influenced my opinion of length.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

11 inches of rain up there! I hope y'all are safe. I haven't seen rain like that in a while. Good luck to you guys!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
We needed it. I live .5 miles (walking) from the course so I'll update when I check it out later.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Rain in Dallas in mid-July. Can count on one hand how many times in my 54 years I remember that happening. Maybe climate change isn't so bad.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
We didn't get near as much rain down this way. It did rain a bit, but no flooding or anything. We went to the new course in Stephenville yesterday, we wanted to travel to a course but didn't want to go north where it had been raining like crazy. That's a great course that y'all need to check out if your down that way.

We can't make an official announcement yet, but we've gotten the ok to put a new course in the Johnson County area. We will have to put the front nine in first without pads, then get pads and the back nine added later, but were finally going to be able to put it in. We've been discussing it for a couple of years now and finally got the go. When they are ready for us to announce it I'll holler on here.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Played the Stephenville DGC today. A fun round in a beautiful park. The course is pretty short, plenty of birdies.

Well maintained short grass (very few weeds). Nice mature trees. AWESOME DGA Mach X baskets. First time I've played a course with them. Easily my favorite basket type. Some elevation with trees on holes 7 thru 10. Open 1 thru 6, trees on 13 thru 17. 18 is open. Fun round that only took me 55 minutes playing solo. You can see the baskets from the tees, except on 18.

Not a destination course, but worth going out of your way for if you're travelling anywhere near Stephenville.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 103
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Played the Stephenville DGC today. A fun round in a beautiful park. The course is pretty short, plenty of birdies.

Well maintained short grass (very few weeds). Nice mature trees. AWESOME DGA Mach X baskets. First time I've played a course with them. Easily my favorite basket type. Some elevation with trees on holes 7 thru 10. Open 1 thru 6, trees on 13 thru 17. 18 is open. Fun round that only took me 55 minutes playing solo. You can see the baskets from the tees, except on 18.

Not a destination course, but worth going out of your way for if you're travelling anywhere near Stephenville.
Not on my route lol but sounds fun