Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
It seems easier to throw far, where the QMS you have to throw a little harder.
Crap, I was afraid you were gonna say that. More Swedish invasion of my bag then. I loved my Qms's but to get them to behave properly I'd have to put more on them than I wanted for certain finesse situations and I never could find the appropriate sweet spot in the power range.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
the Opto flew WAY BETTER than the Goldline. The GL did not have the slow motion glide and was flippier....

Flippier, less grip, less glide...
Solid review. I agree about GL being more understable and less grippy than Opto, and has less of that "slow motion glide". But GL seems to go a bit further for me (strikers and cores). Not sure if that has anything to do with less glide. But i do find the Optos easier to throw. Just a much more consistant release. A little more stable to mask my oat.

Looking forward to trying a Fuse.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 18
How would you describe the rim? Is it similar in shape to a Core, Buzzz, Roc, Stingray, etc.?

Also, to what midrange would you compare the HSS of the Fuse?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Birdie Member

Also, how flat are the discs? Are they relatively domey like a Roc, or flat like a Buzzz?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Here's a post I made @ DGR that answers these questions:

The PLH on the two discs is nearly identical. If anything the Opto is slightly higher.

For shape, the GL is flatter all the way across. The Opto isn't exactly domey, just like an average Roc. It has a higher shoulder but is still fairly flat across the top 1/4 of the disc. I must say, the Fuse is the CLOSEST thing to a beadless Roc that has yet been made. The bottom of the disc is actually rounded like a big bead which feels awesome in the hand. Its as if the Buzzz, Roc, and Comet somehow spawned a child.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Being a huge core fan that never got over the loss of my original purple opto that flew nothing like the 4 I have bought since...

How would you compare the fuse to a mako? My daughter recently won one and I have been loving its ease of throwing, good glide, and shape-ibility of lines.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Being a huge core fan that never got over the loss of my original purple opto that flew nothing like the 4 I have bought since...

How would you compare the fuse to a mako? My daughter recently won one and I have been loving its ease of throwing, good glide, and shape-ibility of lines.
The Mako is almost a mid/driver hybrid like the Storm or Cobra...It is long/fast for a mid. It is good for straight shots, but it seemed a little touchy on hyzers and anhyzers. The Fuse is pure mid. It is slower than the Mako and depends more on the thrower choosing the right line/height and then gliding slowly to the target. I'm looking forward to throwing the Fuse a bunch more today so I'll be able to write a better review.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Cool, when I can start using my left arm again I will pick one up...sounds like a fun disc.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Gonna start w an opto fuse.

when my gl discs were new they did everything better (grip/glide/distance).but I am finding after break-in I am going back to my optos (w core and striker).

Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Birdie Member

Ordered an orange 178g Opto Fuse from CDGS last night, and will probably have it in my hands on Monday.

I read your reviews on DGR after I posted my questions (sorry about the repetitiveness), and the one thing that caught my attention was that the rim is similar to what a beadless Roc would be. For me, the Roc would be great if it didn't have the bead (which tears my index finger apart), so this mid may just be a winner.