Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
They're great in that test material...I've lost 2 already.

They beat in as fast as any plastic I've ever messed with, so be prepared.
LOL, yeah I mentioned in the other Fuse thread that it it was pretty marked up for a disc that has been thrown less than 20 times.

I need to take it out and play a 1 disc round with it to see what it's all about before it gets too beat in.

I do like the feel of the disc in hand, and it has me rethinking using a 3 finger power grip as opposed to 4.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have both an Opto Fuse and a GL Fuse, 170g and 169g respectively. I can't put my finger on why but I love the Opto (will call it Jacob) and hate the GL (call it Esau). Jacob is smooth, glidey, and birthright stealing sneaky long. Esau flies like my DX XD 150g. I have to throw it with more hyzer and much harder to get it to go as far. They look exactly alike as far as dome and PLH.

I was tempted to order another Opto in a much heavier weight because I wanted a smidgen more HSS but ordered a VIP Warship 176g instead because it was 20% off and free shipping at Disc Golf Store yesterday. I'm hoping the Warship will be the magical disc because I love the effortless glide of the Opto Fuse. Did I goof up in ordering the heavy VIP Warship instead of a heavy Opto Fuse (which they did not have)?

P.S. I don't have the Warship yet and I don't really need these discs to do anything specifically. I just like trying different stuff but want the best odds of getting something magical to enjoy in my limited time on earth.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 23
The Warship and the Fuse are nothing alike in my opinion, the Warship reminds me more of a faster Wasp that has a bit less HSS. I totally love mine and it is usually my goto disc for strait holes from 280-340 ft. It is also a great disc for hyzer holes that you need the disc push forward as it hyzers out without a skip at the end of it. The one that I have is a 176 opto with a nice dome on the top of it.
so.... its not a Fuse but none the less, a great disc that has earned its place in my bad, no doubt!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
I have a 175 tp warship it's the flippiest mid I have by far and I only throw it 250-275
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
. I'm hoping the Warship will be the magical disc because I love the effortless glide of the Opto Fuse. Did I goof up in ordering the heavy VIP Warship instead of a heavy Opto Fuse (which they did not have)?

P.S. I don't have the Warship yet and I don't really need these discs to do anything specifically. I just like trying different stuff but want the best odds of getting something magical to enjoy in my limited time on earth.
If you just want the Warship to be glidey, long and straight then you'll likely be happy. If it's really heavy it will likely be new DX Roc like I'd surmise. It'll take some wearing in before it flies anything like a Fuse.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Okay, after playing 5 rounds with my new GL Fuse (176g), I need some opinions here if someone doesn't mind.

The other mids in my bag are: Newer KC Pro Roc (Great fade at end), BEAT in KC Pro Roc (anny shots), and a VIP Warship (dead straight, glide for days). I found myself going to these for any Mid shot I needed.

Honestly (And I know this could be blasphemy in this thread).... Does the Fuse cover any shots I may be missing in my Mid game? I feel I had everything covered but maybe I just didn't come across a situation that the Fuse fit over my other mids??
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty4 View Post
Okay, after playing 5 rounds with my new GL Fuse (176g), I need some opinions here if someone doesn't mind.

The other mids in my bag are: Newer KC Pro Roc (Great fade at end), BEAT in KC Pro Roc (anny shots), and a VIP Warship (dead straight, glide for days). I found myself going to these for any Mid shot I needed.

Honestly (And I know this could be blasphemy in this thread).... Does the Fuse cover any shots I may be missing in my Mid game? I feel I had everything covered but maybe I just didn't come across a situation that the Fuse fit over my other mids??
Maybe turnover approaches? However, if you are like me and throw anny shots there instead of flat releases, then you are probably covered.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Yea, I usually end up throwing the anny shot in that situation. Sighhhh...it's a shame to have such a pretty disc just sit in my bag. But I'm so comfortable with the Roc/Warship combo, I really would hate to switch a good thing.

Worth keeping the Fuse and trying longer? Or go with what's been working?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
I have both an Opto Fuse and a GL Fuse, 170g and 169g respectively. I can't put my finger on why but I love the Opto (will call it Jacob) and hate the GL (call it Esau). Jacob is smooth, glidey, and birthright stealing sneaky long. Esau flies like my DX XD 150g. I have to throw it with more hyzer and much harder to get it to go as far. They look exactly alike as far as dome and PLH.

I was tempted to order another Opto in a much heavier weight because I wanted a smidgen more HSS but ordered a VIP Warship 176g instead because it was 20% off and free shipping at Disc Golf Store yesterday. I'm hoping the Warship will be the magical disc because I love the effortless glide of the Opto Fuse. Did I goof up in ordering the heavy VIP Warship instead of a heavy Opto Fuse (which they did not have)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
If you just want the Warship to be glidey, long and straight then you'll likely be happy. If it's really heavy it will likely be new DX Roc like I'd surmise. It'll take some wearing in before it flies anything like a Fuse.
Well I got a heavy Opto Warship and a heavy Opto Pure in the mail today. The Warship ain't nothing like the Fuse for me. It is closer to my ProLine Squall, but it doesn't need to be throw as hard for the same distance.

The heavy Opto Pure on the other hand is what I was looking for. I love the Fuse and it is in my bag to stay, but after only 27 holes I feel more confident with the Pure into the wind.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty4 View Post
Yea, I usually end up throwing the anny shot in that situation. Sighhhh...it's a shame to have such a pretty disc just sit in my bag. But I'm so comfortable with the Roc/Warship combo, I really would hate to switch a good thing.

Worth keeping the Fuse and trying longer? Or go with what's been working?
I'd be surprised if the Fuse wasn't better at annys than the beat KC Pro Roc. Not shocked, but surprised.
Quote:
Well I got a heavy Opto Warship and a heavy Opto Pure in the mail today. The Warship ain't nothing like the Fuse for me. It is closer to my ProLine Squall, but it doesn't need to be throw as hard for the same distance.

The heavy Opto Pure on the other hand is what I was looking for. I love the Fuse and it is in my bag to stay, but after only 27 holes I feel more confident with the Pure into the wind.
Yeah, my heavy Opto (VIP) Warship was the same way...until the flashing wore off. Give it a few rounds and see if it starts overlapping your Fuse a little.