Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Have you tried the Mace yet? It's flatter than the Pain but has a bead. I've only thrown a few times, but I think it may be a good headwind alternative when it blows too much for a Fuse or Core. Some people may like it better than the Pain. It is a tick faster. Certainly makes picking the set up harder.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabacus View Post
Yes. River is a fairway driver. Fuse is a midrange. They serve different purposes. The combination probably exists in many players bags.

If you are familiar with Innova, a River is similar to a TL.
I threw a TL at the same time I threw the River my buddy has. The River was dead straight with almost zero fade. It turned every so slightly right out of my hand but then stayed straight. Loved it.

The TL went straight but had a good amount of fade at the end plus the Latitude plastic put it to shame. That opto plastic is fantastic.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 414
Finally got a chance to give the Fuse a good workout today. Threw a 171 Gold Line.

I think this thing is extremely similar to a Comet, yeah? I could barely throw it at all into a 10-15 MPH headwind; thing flipped like crazy. Horrible form + headwind + Fuse = not a good idea.

In the same tailwind, it still exhibited a good amount of turn when thrown with a slight touch of hyzer. It did have some s-curve action going on; once it slowed down the tailwind dropped it out of the sky. Probably showing some OAT on those throws too.

So, kinda like a slower Comet perhaps? I really want to give this another good look when it's not so windy out.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
to be honest, i think heavy GL is where it's at with the fuse . . . that's where i've gotten the best flights from them. heavy opto was good too. i rock 177-178, and you're right - you'll hate it if you're not on point with your form.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 414
I do like the turn on it; I just lost (*cough* left behind) my 166ish X Comet that I would use for dead straight hyzer flips. I could see this thing filling a very similar role.

I am definitely going to compare the Fuse against a 166 Z Comet and a 172 Z Comet; maybe it'll save me $10 on a new X Comet... until I lose the Fuse.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Yea I like my heavy GL fuse. But also like my lighter opto...
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.3
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDriveBadPutt View Post
Finally got a chance to give the Fuse a good workout today. Threw a 171 Gold Line.

I think this thing is extremely similar to a Comet, yeah? I could barely throw it at all into a 10-15 MPH headwind; thing flipped like crazy. Horrible form + headwind + Fuse = not a good idea.

So, kinda like a slower Comet perhaps? I really want to give this another good look when it's not so windy out.
I just got a test run 176 Fuse out of the half price bin
(I have a 172 GL Fuse that I got last year, and just couldnt click with, too sensitive)
so after throwing the new one a few times, and it kicking my butt
i decided i WILL figure this out, so i played a fuse only round

about half way through the round i realized why everyone always says to get a comet to work on your form
you will learn how to release clean and on a good angle, or you will know it
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.3
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
I just got a test run 176 Fuse out of the half price bin
(I have a 172 GL Fuse that I got last year, and just couldnt click with, too sensitive)
so after throwing the new one a few times, and it kicking my butt
i decided i WILL figure this out, so i played a fuse only round

about half way through the round i realized why everyone always says to get a comet to work on your form
you will learn how to release clean and on a good angle, or you will know it
i like the new 176 test run, but my 172 GL was still not my favorite, because i really dislike GL plastic.
so i traded the 172 GL for a 179 opto and it has amazing effortless glide
its domey, where my other ones are/were board flat
i think it is going to become my new long distance (30'-50') putter
i have a hard time getting my magic that far, but this 179 opto fuse, is easy to get that distance with no effort
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I threw a TL at the same time I threw the River my buddy has. The River was dead straight with almost zero fade. It turned every so slightly right out of my hand but then stayed straight. Loved it.

The TL went straight but had a good amount of fade at the end plus the Latitude plastic put it to shame. That opto plastic is fantastic.
all that tells me is your buddy can throw straight better than you can

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
Funny reading some of this thread. Ive been throwing GL fuse since it came out. Love it. I use it for very specific L to R shots being a rhbh. Ive tried other things and this disc fills the role that i want it to more than any other. Mine keeps turning and turning, doesnt hook up at all. Love it. Opto is more stable and might be better for your everyday midrange shot but if you want something to fill that roll of a disc that keeps turning over, GL fuse is it, there is nothing better.