#31  
Old 05-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Apothecary Apothecary is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allup Iņa
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,230
Send a message via Yahoo to Apothecary
my local shop is getting them tomorrow. cant wait to check em out!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
I've been throwing mine a lot, and I let my buddy play with the goldline for a round on a short course. Both fly good, they are just different. So far I'm still using the Opto, mainly as a turnover disc, or to throw touch upshots. I've tried it on other shots though and its been impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
adamb258's Avatar
adamb258 adamb258 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 206
I finally got mine out today and it is a very interesting disc. The wind was 30+ mph so it didnt come out too often. What i noticed when i did throw it was its glide. I thought crap thats going going to fall short, but nope it just kept on gliding right to where I would normally throw my core. I got it turned over once right as a decent gust of wind hit and it went right for days, lol. It feels like a perfect pairing with my GL and opto core. Midrange satisfaction, check!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 AM
EL-KABONG's Avatar
EL-KABONG EL-KABONG is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 3,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
my local shop is getting them tomorrow. cant wait to check em out!
would that be dtworld? That means they finally got outta customs @ LAX?!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
McGuire419 McGuire419 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ada, MI
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 20
I would love to throw one of these. I have a GL and Opto Vision, and the Opto feels much more domey.... holds its line better for me as well.. The GL fights back whereas the opto never comes back for me... seem like different discs for me anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Strauss's Avatar
Strauss Strauss is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 449
Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.
Thats just some flashing from where the two outer pieces of the mold come together. I've noticed it on several Lat discs.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.
Oh. Snap.

Which one is more Z Comet like in flight? Opto or GL?
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:51 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Oh. Snap.

Which one is more Z Comet like in flight? Opto or GL?
They are both faster than Comets, but in flight...
Opto is like a domey Z Comet.
Goldline is like an ESP Comet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.