Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
The Dye A Day Thread!

You know you want to share! Lets try to get a pic of a dye up here every day! I've got plenty, and I know there are others out there with a stash as well. Doesn't matter if its old or new, yours or some body elses. Who cares as long as its a sweet disc. Post more than one a day as well if you want. Lets try to see how big of a stash of sweet dye pics we can create!

I'll get it started.......

Meditate
I did this about 3 years ago and always thought it was a sweet looking disc. It was also one of my first multicolor dyes.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Nice work. Hoping to get that good eventually lol.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
i like it. i think i need a disc like that. it would help me remember to relax and have fun, no matter how i was shooting
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 60
Alright Hippie, I'll help set this off!

This was my third dye ever, super proud of how it came out to this very day!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Eagle Member

Hell yeah Jermy. That came out sweet. Takes alot of patience and skill to make all those tiny lil cuts. Looks great.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Eagle Member

Its after midnight here so I figured I would try and keep this going and throw up another one. This was a challenging and intricate dye job. Did it for a buddy on a first run Groove and then a year or so later I saw some body else buying it out of a used disc box at the course for $8!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 15
Jermy- the bottom of the Optimus disc makes it look spraypainted- was it? Or just a weird bleed? I really like that disc dude- 3rd dye ever? wow
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
So I've had some ideas in my head for a long freaking time, and I wanted to try something out in the early stages before I put any real work into cutting and buying the colors I need etc.

So I took 2 discs out of my backup stash (I keep extra discs that are specifically to replace anything I currently throw in a separate box for easy access) and I mixed up about an ounce of purple liquid RIT and roughly an ounce of acetone...in a diet cherry vanilla dr pepper bottle...empty and washed out.

I then essentially dripped the mixture onto the discs to see what different things I could create. If I hadn't been looking for different effects I would just have had some SWEET spatter marks, but I wanted to step it up and see how controlable the stuff was free hand. The answer is: If you want to take the time and patience you can work with it, otherwise it runs together and looks like you spilled coffee etc.

Total time from the time I stood up and left my desk until I was sitting back down taking pictures: 7 minutes.

In person it looks like somebody spilled red wine on my discs...but I kind of like it. I may play with these discs more at a later date. Especially if I can find some damn pink dye locally.

\/\/
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 8
Guys maybe this belongs on another thread... how the hell do I post photos? I hit the clip art box and it asks me for a URL any direction would be very much appreciated

Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 14
Royden - you have to set up a pic hosting account at a place like phototbucket.com. You upload photos you want to their site, and they provide the URL you seek. PM if you have any questions.

Sweet dyes gentlemen!
Closed Thread