Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
SignCut/USB-Serial issues

I've figuratively scoured the internet looking for an answer to this, and finding no luck, I thought I'd ask a place where assuredly someone has had the same issue. Forgiveness please if this is a frequent topic of discussion.

I've been using a USCutter MH721 through the USB port, which results in the cutter bugging out halfway through designs with lots of nodes. So I purchased a USB-to-Serial cable, which appears to have installed normally on COM6.

(Install settings for the USB connection were as follows, should this prove useful: 9600 baud, non parity, 8 databits, 1 stopbit, no handshake, use spooler checked. Cut like that, although with memory issues if it had to cut too much.)

SignCut recognizes COM6 in its cutter options, however it refuses to print through it, seemingly no matter what options I set in SignCut or Device Manager. I'm thinking maybe there's a combination I haven't thought of, or something that I'm not looking at.

The recommended safety gear on USCutter's website for doing this is ear protection and painkillers. Sounds a bit dire, but I understand that now.

The USB-Serial connectior is a Trendnet TU-S9, should that matter. Any help you guys could throw my way would be very greatly appreciated.