Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Apothecary

FINALLY!!!...TWO STATES played!!! Gold TR here i come.

ended up going north to sacramento then east through reno and a crap-ton of desert to our ultimate destination, provo, ut.

so far auburn regional park and condon park are the standout courses.

updates to come. looks like i might be heading to washington state for more work the 3rd of july, if anyone wants to get a round in.

lord knows we need a guide. and probably a plastic reload. The Road has claimed my orange star katana and my "go frolf yourself"' firebird.

oh well. the dg gods are appeased.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.6
You'll have plenty of time to play solitude and other courses around SLC when you live there. I would go through flagstaff, that is totally out of the way but it has 3 amazing courses, then up through Page and over to Brianhead, then out to the I-15. But all of that is the road tripper in me. If you just go I-15 route then you could hit Brianhead as a midway point. Its just 30 minutes from Cedar City. I was disappointed in Vegas.

I just can't believe St. George doesn't have DG courses, seriously WTF? There should be at least 10 between St. George, Zions NP, and Cedar. The area is perfect for it. What is up with southern Utah and disc golf?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 19
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valktastic View Post
You'll have plenty of time to play solitude and other courses around SLC when you live there. I would go through flagstaff, that is totally out of the way but it has 3 amazing courses, then up through Page and over to Brianhead, then out to the I-15. But all of that is the road tripper in me. If you just go I-15 route then you could hit Brianhead as a midway point. Its just 30 minutes from Cedar City. I was disappointed in Vegas.

I just can't believe St. George doesn't have DG courses, seriously WTF? There should be at least 10 between St. George, Zions NP, and Cedar. The area is perfect for it. What is up with southern Utah and disc golf?

Southern Utah should def have some sick courses down there. Really hot and windy in summer months.

Rumor of new course in bloominton just south or St George
Old 06-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Par Member

Well nevermind to all that, your last message wasn't on my page and I read all of them but that. Hey on your way to washington I highly recommend Twin Falls Idaho. 2 awesome courses and if you have time you should check out Walcott state park DG course, its the best kept secret in Idaho. Northern Nevada is a DG dry spell.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Par Member

Bloomington would be great. If they would put up a few courses down there we could slip down in the winter and DG with all the snowbirds. Then St. George would truly be the winter "Golf" destination.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 21
Send a message via AIM to NothinButChing
Utah weather finally coming around
Old 06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 19
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10
Quote:
Bloomington would be great. If they would put up a few courses down there we could slip down in the winter and DG with all the snowbirds. Then St. George would truly be the winter "Golf" destination.
Agreed!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 249
Just got back from trip to Wyoming from So Cal. Loved the new 18 hole course at Canyons Resort in Salt Lake City. It is just 5 minutes from I-80 and AWESOME!!!! It takes two lifts to get to hole 1. The first gondola lift takes you to Red Pine Lodge (the site of the original 9 - now back 9). Second lift - High Meadow - takes you up to Hole 1. You play up and around a little and then back down to Red Pine Lodge to the original 9. The new top 9 is what ski resort disc golf is all about! Well worth the cost of the lift ticket and then some.

If you are traveling I-80 through this area, take a break and check this course out!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via MSN to drickanderson
Quote:
Definitely. My grandpa lives in St. George, so I'd have more reasons to go see him .. lol