#101  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
dgdave's Avatar
dgdave dgdave is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norman, Ok
Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermack View Post
When might the testers see some of these bad boys?!?
The word the bird heard is in about a month.
  #102  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:35 PM
tstack10's Avatar
tstack10 tstack10 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10
How do I become a tester?
  #103  
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Huk Finn's Avatar
Huk Finn Huk Finn is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,367
I think the Ridge would be the one for me. How does the VP compare to a Pig?

Thanks.
  #104  
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Strauss's Avatar
Strauss Strauss is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huk Finn View Post
I think the Ridge would be the one for me. How does the VP compare to a Pig?

Thanks.
I have yet to throw a Pig, but I throw and love the VP. What I can tell you is that the VP is MEGA overstable for a putter. I can drive with it with as much snap and power as I want, and know it's never going to turn on me. Thrown hard and flat, it will fly dead straight with a nice strong fade every time. I don't putt with my VP's, but they are always in my bag for my driving putter. They also don't have hardly any glide at all, which I like as I find I'm less likely to overshoot with them. I always say that my VP is the workhorse of my bag. Since I have grown to love them, I find I actually have been throwing my mids less and less and keep grabbing either my Ridge or VP for most of my upshots.
  #105  
Old 06-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Huk Finn's Avatar
Huk Finn Huk Finn is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
I have yet to throw a Pig, but I throw and love the VP. What I can tell you is that the VP is MEGA overstable for a putter. I can drive with it with as much snap and power as I want, and know it's never going to turn on me. Thrown hard and flat, it will fly dead straight with a nice strong fade every time. I don't putt with my VP's, but they are always in my bag for my driving putter. They also don't have hardly any glide at all, which I like as I find I'm less likely to overshoot with them. I always say that my VP is the workhorse of my bag. Since I have grown to love them, I find I actually have been throwing my mids less and less and keep grabbing either my Ridge or VP for most of my upshots.
Sounds just like my Pig, thanks for the input.
  #106  
Old 06-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Huk Finn's Avatar
Huk Finn Huk Finn is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,367
Also, i read this whole thread and have one more question...X-Link medium VS Firm

Which is like what...? Compare to Gateway or Innova plastic if you possibly can. (My SSS Wiz's aren't really SuperStupidSoft,) Is the Vibram medium kinda middle of the road and the Firms super hard/stiff like Viagra?

I know it doesn't apply much, but i just got a vibram camo mini and is is super gummy floppy compared to any mini i've had.
  #107  
Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Huk Finn's Avatar
Huk Finn Huk Finn is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,367
Any word on some Mud Terrain tires that will last 100k miles? Count me in..
  #108  
Old 06-27-2010, 07:56 AM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huk Finn View Post
Also, i read this whole thread and have one more question...X-Link medium VS Firm

Which is like what...? Compare to Gateway or Innova plastic if you possibly can. (My SSS Wiz's aren't really SuperStupidSoft,) Is the Vibram medium kinda middle of the road and the Firms super hard/stiff like Viagra?

I know it doesn't apply much, but i just got a vibram camo mini and is is super gummy floppy compared to any mini i've had.
The feel is not really comparable due to the rubber based X-Link vs plastics, but the stiffness comparison would be X-Link is to JK Pro and X-Link Firm is to KC Pro. X-Link Soft, which is coming out in a few weeks (Note: I said that a few weeks ago) is a tad stiffer than the mini - but not much!
  #109  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
The feel is not really comparable due to the rubber based X-Link vs plastics, but the stiffness comparison would be X-Link is to JK Pro and X-Link Firm is to KC Pro. X-Link Soft, which is coming out in a few weeks (Note: I said that a few weeks ago) is a tad stiffer than the mini - but not much!
Steven,

I don't know if you'll be able to answer this, but can you tell us some of what separates your rubber based materials from Gateway's? If I remember correctly Gateway states they use some types of rubber in their softer blends. I think santoprene was one I saw mentioned somewhere.

Oh, also tested out thumber skip approach shots with the Summit and I didn't notice it's ability to slide upside down hindered at all by the Vibram decal. The Summit seems kind of unique to me, like my Buzz, in that it can handle a surprising amount of power for how straight it flies, without turning over. Often discs that fly straight use some high speed under stability to do so, so it can be tough to crank on them. The Summit I can toss for 300' with a close to flat release and it's a straight flight until the last 15 feet or so where it fades a little.
 

  #110  
Old 06-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,042
On tee shots my Summit turns over fairly easily actually. If I were going to throw it with the strength I use for my drivers, I'd probably need to throw it with a hyzer flip or use a high anhyzer to keep it from "turning and burning."
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.