Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
I putt with a Ridge and approach (short approaches) with a Summit. Your soft Ion held up as well as the Ridge against the steps, I just wish it wasn't quite so slick on top. All in all though, MVP is doing some cool stuff.

A fellow named Jerome (who is moving to Wyoming) won the Vibram tester CTP.
sweet im gonna have to pick me up a ridge if i dont win one in the giveaway on here and ya jerome is a cool guy..just wish my drive on that hole wouldve held up against his
Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 18
OK so I really gave my new to me floppy Summit a test run today. I wasn't blown away, but I was definitely intrigued by it. Every time it hit metal but missed the put it left a drop in. No roll aways, no glances and gliding off 10', nothing but a drop in. I liked that it stuck right where it hit too on approaches.

When it came to driving I made some good throws with it, but also made some really "interesting" ie. really wild throws with it.

Overall after one outing, I think it's a tool that offers many upsides, if I can get accustomed to the super soft grip. Anybody got any tips on gripping this thing for a consistent release?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via AIM to xJFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
OK so I really gave my new to me floppy Summit a test run today. I wasn't blown away, but I was definitely intrigued by it. Every time it hit metal but missed the put it left a drop in. No roll aways, no glances and gliding off 10', nothing but a drop in. I liked that it stuck right where it hit too on approaches.

When it came to driving I made some good throws with it, but also made some really "interesting" ie. really wild throws with it.

Overall after one outing, I think it's a tool that offers many upsides, if I can get accustomed to the super soft grip. Anybody got any tips on gripping this thing for a consistent release?
you should get one of the firms or regular x link's, if you're looking for more that a putting putter.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJFK View Post
you should get one of the firms or regular x link's, if you're looking for more that a putting putter.
Also, if you want to drive a Vibram, try a Ridge (if you haven't already). Best driving putter I've ever used, and not "interesting" at all.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

So a soft summit is no good for driving?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Eagle Member

I haven't tried a soft Summit; but I know if my Ridge were significantly more understable, it wouldn't be the same (aside from turnovers). The Ridge will handle a good amount of snap and hold whatever line you want.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

The grip is really tricky for me to figure out. I am thinking that gripping it with my normal grip strength is not good for a consistent release. I guess it's hard to say after just one day so far.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Eagle Member

I grip my Ridge--or any putter when driving--with a modified birdie: middle finger out, but more at a 45deg. angle instead of pointing straight out to the nipple. Normal strength, but I don't think I grip any of my discs that hard in the first place.

The rubber might take a little bit to get used to because it does feel kind of different coming out of the hand. I love it now because it almost feels like it wants to flex a little bit and then "jump" out of my hand. Now that I have the timing down, the release is nice and easy, and it just goes.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
I prefer the regular x-links for driving, putting and well everything. I do have one softie for those putts and approaches that I need to die on contact. It works.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I prefer the regular x-links for driving, putting and well everything. I do have one softie for those putts and approaches that I need to die on contact. It works.
thats what i bought the summit for but it just didnt work for me inside the circle(inside my house)
Closed Thread