Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Can anybody talk to me about this?

Also, I went into PIA today and they had their last two Vibrams marked 24% off! So I had to jump on yet another regular Summit for $14.50 out the door! They have a VP there too, I almost bought it, but I have one comming in the mail. So I want to make sure I actually like it first before ending up with two of them
From what I remember people saying, the firms may start out a little bit more stable, but after a few trees they beat in a bit. However, the meds don't really beat in much and are pretty much the way they are.

*edit* Oh, and congrats on your new discs. I wish I could find somewhere locally to buy vibram. We're lucky to even have a hookah lounge that sells Innova (at a bit high prices) and a dude that gets innova at costs and resells them.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHFH
The vibram putters do not really beat in. They will change ever so slightly over time but not like a wizard that will start stable and beat into a straight to turning putter. I have a proto VP that I have had for 3 years, used for 100's of rounds, drive wih it, hit 4 billion trees with it, and it is still as overstable as ever. Don't wait for, say a ridge, to beat in. Just buy a ridge and a summit and you are good to go. They are all the same top with a different size bead on em.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Good to hear! I like discs that fly the way I want right off the shelf and stay that way!

How does a VP compare to a Zone stability wise?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 15
Anyone have a clue what the May Vibram Monthly Contest is going to be?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
Perhaps answering that IS the contest?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHFH
VP is shorter than the Zone, I have both and often carry both in my bag a the same time. I would say that the zone may be slightly more overstable but it is also faster so it is a hard comparison to make exactly.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I only got 10 throws or so with my Trek tester on Sunday but I would give it the Innova-style rating of 7/5/-2/3 (I felt the Ascent was 7/4/-1/3 and no, I don't have an Eagle). It certainly turned over more easily but seemed to stay aloft a bit longer with the same fade at the end. Feel free to disagree with my fade rating. The point is the glide and a noticeable amount of greater understability. I'm not sure it's different enough from the Ascent to really NEED both in the bag. Not done testing either. I do prefer the Trek for thumbers over the Ascent.
That almost seems like too much glide for the Ascent IMO. I would give my medium more of a 3 on glide.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
I don't think there's a ton more glide than the Ascent but I didn't want to get into decimals.

Mr. America, populate your DGCR disc list. That would make it easier for us to compare the VP to other discs in your bag.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
I've thrown the Trek for 3 or 4 rounds now & it's a pretty sweet disc. Seems alot like my E-L, high speed turn & predictable fade, without the break-in time. I love my E-L but if the Trek keeps flying like it the Eagle may be gone, especially since the flight shouldn't change much over time. I have the regular X-Link & it is GRIPTASTIC!! It is very flexible but not floppy, feels great. I've never thrown an Ascent so can't compare the two, but it does seem to have great glide.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 7
I am really hoping that all this holds true with the Trek having more glide. I love my Ascent, but it just doesn't have enough glide for tailwind drives.
Closed Thread