Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
keep coming up with ideas. more discs for me to try out
lol.....
Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
tested my sole and ibex pretty extensively yesterday... shot what i generally shoot at hawk hollow (one over course par) with just the two of them and a trek (and one other disc i threw 2-3 times)...was nailing everything with the sole... it definitely is much more my style of putter than the previous vibram offerings, all of which i liked for approaches but not so much for putting.

sole feels a bit like a magnet but is more stable than any magnet i've thrown... ibex seems like a roc that is maybe a wee bit faster... was impressed with both of them.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHFH
Glad the VP made it to you Captain Jack. I still have a box of about 7 of them sitting around. Think I'll be holding onto the rest of them.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
i like the logo in the center on the putters pesonally. although when its on the edge its even more grip to put your thumb
Having the logo on the edge makes the disc much easier to dye.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ibex like a faster Roc? That sounds like my bag, baby!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quick second day impressions.

Ibex - Held low line-drive approaches really well without bottoming out on me. They also do a great job staying aloft when powered down.

Sole - Very noticeable LSS at the very end of the flight. When approaching it stays straight for 90-95% of the flight before it tails out. Most discs with the Sole LSS usually start losing steam and start fading around 75-80. I would still use the Ridge for approaches because that has almost no LSS at this point in its wear. So far I am really doing well with it putting up to 30 feet. However, I am struggling with it once I get to 35 feet.

Where the logo is - Every shot, approach, and putt I took yesterday I did so with my thumb on the logo. It was a great reminder to slow down and go through my routine. It is also a great place to grip that does not interfere with the release, especially when you need a slightly tighter grip because of the wet weather (it was wet, a little misty, but not really raining yesterday). I have not tried driving with my Ascents or Traks yet gripping at the logo, but I had no problems on the Ibex or Sole. I actually prefer it there.

Hint, hint again, I would like to see how the Ridge flies with the logo there. Right now I believe the Sole-Ridge-Ibex make a great combination.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
Throwing Style: RHBH
Really enjoying the added glide of the Sole. I'm sure my Ridge is feeling neglected after I opted to go with the Sole more often than not this past weekend. It is taking a little getting used to throwing the higher profiled Sole...

A Ridge with the logo on the outside sounds pretty cool. I'm guessing that new, non putter discs are higher on the priority list.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 14
Sole = Pure awesomeness! Sneaky long, holds any line you put it on, and no matter how hard I threw it it would not flip into a turn and burn. Love it.

Ibex = does not do anything that a lot of other mids don't already do.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 14
I use to have one of the Rarest VPs that are out there. There are three Monster VPs. Only one was let out of Vibram. It is if I remember right like 280g and about twice as deep as a regular VP. I had it for about a year and sold it back to the guy from whence it came. It is a cool disc. It has the same lettering as the above mentioned VP. I was looking for a picture of it but I can't find one

Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
Having the logo on the edge makes the disc much easier to dye.

true, but all my vibrams are pretty and i dont want to dye them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Really enjoying the added glide of the Sole. I'm sure my Ridge is feeling neglected after I opted to go with the Sole more often than not this past weekend. It is taking a little getting used to throwing the higher profiled Sole...

A Ridge with the logo on the outside sounds pretty cool. I'm guessing that new, non putter discs are higher on the priority list.
my problem with the sole for driving is the depth of the rim
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermack View Post
Sole = Pure awesomeness! Sneaky long, holds any line you put it on, and no matter how hard I threw it it would not flip into a turn and burn. Love it.

Ibex = does not do anything that a lot of other mids don't already do.
I disagree with the Ibex conclusion (and would gladly trade you a sole for an Ibex) i think it is similar to a roc plus in flight characteristics with ridge predictablility
Closed Thread