Disc Golf Store
Old 10-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 19
10/20 is here!

The Ibex release day has finally come, but only a few of the pinnacle retailers are selling them. And none of those retailers let me see what I'm buying. I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Is anyone else out there trying the Ibex as a putter?

I am trying to figure out what my new putter for next year is going to be. I threw the Ibex in there to compete and it has been good at the longer putts but I must admit that the Summit is kicking butt right now. Funny that the Summit also feels the funniest in my hand. It is all a big change from putting with VPs which are doing just as well as my Ibex in testing.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
Are you testing the Sole or Ibex as a putter?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 12
ME WANT IBEX!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 21
I was wondering with having 4 puters, 2 fairway drivers and now the ibex mid-range, is is fair to say "us vibram fans" will soon get a distance driver!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 21
this is in no way saying that innova or discraft, etc etc doesn't have good distance drivers, but.....i just prefer the feel of vibram disc, they are grippy in the extreme hot or cold, and I was hoping for something valkerie or Pd Freak like (rim style).
Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'd like to see some overstable discs made. Firebird-esque and detroyer-esque. I could be converted to all Vibram if that happens.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
i want a stimgray in xlink
Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris deitzel View Post
I'd like to see some overstable discs made. Firebird-esque and detroyer-esque. I could be converted to all Vibram if that happens.
The black-eyed Traks were very stable, not necessarily overstable like a Firebird, but they were close to Predators. After numerous rounds and a better feel of what they can do, they are more like far longer eagles. Very consistent HSS to keep from flipping, but not crazy so it should hold your line before a solid but not abusive fade.

On clean throws I can get them out to 370-380 in straight forward distance, although they do drop off considerably if you have to hyzer bomb them as they do not glide as well as other distance drivers. On hyzer bombs I get better distance with a Predator or Northman.

Last Saturday I played Plymouth Creek with just a black-eyed Trak, an Ibex, and a Sole. I scored a 34, 35, and 35. Par there is 38 and I normally average a 36 with an average range of 34 to 39. My lowest ever score is a 31 followed by a 33. So what I was doing with just that Trak as a driver was everything and better than what I would accomplish with my normal bag. Of course in my big bag I have seven drivers to pick from and some times I make bad decisions when I attempt ace runs.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
The black-eyed Traks were very stable, not necessarily overstable like a Firebird, but they were close to Predators. After numerous rounds and a better feel of what they can do, they are more like far longer eagles. Very consistent HSS to keep from flipping, but not crazy so it should hold your line before a solid but not abusive fade.

On clean throws I can get them out to 370-380 in straight forward distance, although they do drop off considerably if you have to hyzer bomb them as they do not glide as well as other distance drivers. On hyzer bombs I get better distance with a Predator or Northman.

Last Saturday I played Plymouth Creek with just a black-eyed Trak, an Ibex, and a Sole. I scored a 34, 35, and 35. Par there is 38 and I normally average a 36 with an average range of 34 to 39. My lowest ever score is a 31 followed by a 33. So what I was doing with just that Trak as a driver was everything and better than what I would accomplish with my normal bag. Of course in my big bag I have seven drivers to pick from and some times I make bad decisions when I attempt ace runs.
isnt this the definition of disc golf?
Closed Thread