Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've been playing two disc golf for close to four weeks now. With the exception of big power and flying really slowly into a headwind, the Ibex really can do it all. It is all I want it to be.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
I've been playing two disc golf for close to four weeks now. With the exception of big power and flying really slowly into a headwind, the Ibex really can do it all. It is all I want it to be.
I played in GGGT's extra tournament that included with their Ace Race on Saturday. I rocked an all Vibram bag but mainly used the Ridge, Ibex, and a Black-Eyed Trak. I finished 10 under par, 28 holes with 10 birdies and no bogeys.

That is not saying much about the temp course we played on it, but those three almost always did exactly what I wanted them to do. On the rare occassion one of them did not fly how I wanted (mainly from human error), the others quickly picked it up and at least allowed me to save par.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the Vibram discs in this bag.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 102
So as a driving putter, would you all say that the Sole is in between the stability of a Ridge and VP. When pushing my Ridge past 220 feet, its easy for me to get a too much turn out of it. But my VP starts to fade too early at that distance. I'm hoping the Sole is just right - straight with a late fade.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
So as a driving putter, would you all say that the Sole is in between the stability of a Ridge and VP. When pushing my Ridge past 220 feet, its easy for me to get a too much turn out of it. But my VP starts to fade too early at that distance. I'm hoping the Sole is just right - straight with a late fade.
For me it really depends on the snap I guess. If I underwhelm it, it has a ton of fade, but if I get it just right it will hold its line all the way into the ground. The tough part is comparing it to the other putters because the Sole has a ton more loft than those other two putters. The Ridge can get out there but I almost think it is more because of it being a fast putter, almost a mid in that regard. The Sole is slow but just hangs in the air forever.

I guess it is up to you, but when looking at the distance, while I can get the Sole out there and it will do the job, I more often start looking at the Ridge for a straighter or slightly turned line or the Ibex for a consistent finish. For me, it is a million times easier to power down a reliable mid than to power up a putter, especially one that floats in the air and can be affected by the wind or height restrictions.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 29
I have no problems driving my ridge,i can get it out 300easy with little to no turn. To me the sole is a little less hss than the ridge and can shape lines better.every ridge ive thrown from new to used 170g-176g ,have all been reliable in wind and ive yet to have one turn too much. Sounds like oat if the ridge is turrning for u past 220'
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 20
Soles are great, you should buy mine in the marketplace
Old 11-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 19
DiscGolfCenter.com has unique Firm Ibexes in stock, so you can pick the exact disc you want. I was hoping for x-link, but they're firms. I couldn't wait any longer and I found one with colors I like, so I purchased a firm anyway. Hopefully the firm Ibex isn't damaged as easily as my firm Ascent.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.1
Courses Played: 1
We want your input on what we do next. Please take our three question poll and post your thoughts here afterwards.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/why.html
Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
I voted long range driver but an understable mid, fuse/comet/meteor family would probably be super popular also

Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
I also voted long range driver. It would complete the vibram bag. Or at least have all the ranges covered. I agree with curveball4, second choice would be an understable mid to compliment the Ibex. Something with the flight characteristics similar to a Stingray.
Closed Thread