Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Are all X-link soft discs as flexible as the disc in this video? Where you can easily fold it twice into a quarter circle in freezing weather. I just received a Ridge in trade from the marketplace that the other person claimed was X-link soft. But it seems to be identical to my medium Vibram discs. And it is not nearly as flexible as the disc in the video. Are regular run softs not that different from mediums, or was the disc I got disc just mis-decribed somewhere along the line? The M or S on the bottom is no longer there to see what it was originally labeled as.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 View Post
were all the proto VPs black or were some of them in color? gotta know for a trade im working right now
Nope. They came in colors like cream,blue,teal,drk green etc .all of mine are stamped proto on the back too
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
Are all X-link soft discs as flexible as the disc in this video? Where you can easily fold it twice into a quarter circle in freezing weather. I just received a Ridge in trade from the marketplace that the other person claimed was X-link soft. But it seems to be identical to my medium Vibram discs. And it is not nearly as flexible as the disc in the video. Are regular run softs not that different from mediums, or was the disc I got disc just mis-decribed somewhere along the line? The M or S on the bottom is no longer there to see what it was originally labeled as.
Sounds like it is X-Link Regular/M.

Although, I believe that the newer run of X-Link soft won't be as soft/bendable. At least that is my understanding.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 94
Still digging my Summits for putting. If you have little fingers and like low profile putters, check these out.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 100
^^Started with a Ridge for putting then switched to my Summit. I don't have little hands, but it being understable works better with my putting style as I get further away from the basket.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
I think the Summit is a highly under-rated thrower. I love changing speeds and angles with mine. Its a short range hyzer flip miracle worker.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
The new stuff will roll up pretty easily. Sounds like there was some confusion and you got an X-Link Medium.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
Nope. They came in colors like cream,blue,teal,drk green etc .all of mine are stamped proto on the back too
This is correct.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I think the Summit is a highly under-rated thrower. I love changing speeds and angles with mine. Its a short range hyzer flip miracle worker.
I love using it for these 100' tight shots too. Just pop it up with little to no effort and watch it sail straight. I've never hit so many 80-120' shots as I do with my Summit runs.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
I want to throw some love out for the Ibex. Awesomely straight, best at shooting gaps at full power, and no fear of the wind. I still use other mids for approaching and shaping lines, but when I need to gun something down, the Ibex has been wonderful. It also has taken away some shots I might have considered powering down a fairway driver on.
Closed Thread