Old 12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 215
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Finally went ahead and ordered a Soft Summit from GGGT. Flying blind and I hope its not ugly brown and orange. /: Don't like putting with those but like them when I want to go for it on the approach. Hoping it lays down better than the regular by just flopping.
I've had a soft in my bag for 2 seasons now for that exact reason. These are for sure less prone to roll away on fast(er)/sloped greens.

When Feldberg first saw my softy (Ridge), he was all hyped up about it saying how he had been asking Innova to make an Aviar/Putter that soft.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I've had a soft in my bag for 2 seasons now for that exact reason. These are for sure less prone to roll away on fast(er)/sloped greens.

When Feldberg first saw my softy (Ridge), he was all hyped up about it saying how he had been asking Innova to make an Aviar/Putter that soft.
That is good, cause I have gotten approaches down pretty good with the Summit, but its pretty disheartening to peg the pole only for the pole to stand it up and watch the disc roll into the creek and take a bogey in stead of a 3.

Believe it or not, had that happen 3 times in 2 rounds last Saturday. Kind of forced my hand a little.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 1
I hope the soft Summit works for you. I was playing doubles last weekend and hit three 70-90 footers in a row with the Summit. Perhaps you should just aim a couple feet higher! :-D
Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Gee. Why didn't I think of that.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
steve any way you can make granite softs and meds? are the softs at the sap house?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Finally went ahead and ordered a Soft Summit from GGGT. Flying blind and I hope its not ugly brown and orange. /: Don't like putting with those but like them when I want to go for it on the approach. Hoping it lays down better than the regular by just flopping.

Quote:

I've had the most ridiculous rollaways with my med Summit. Ones where you know it is going to lay down, but it just never does until it finds a creek. I had my first triple bogey at Timmons Park because I had two huge rollaways from basket hits on long uphill putts (aim higher, I know). So I got a soft Summit from GGGT as well and hope it helps. But even with the rollaway tendency, it is still by far my favorite putter.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 215
Aren't there a ton of really fast greens at Timmons Park? I think you are going to have rollaways no matter what there. The soft should help, but it won't eliminate the rollaways. Still have to come in at a good angle/speed.
Good luck with the soft, report back with the soft results.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
steve any way you can make granite softs and meds? are the softs at the sap house?
The Sap House is closed for the season. We should have some softs in January.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
The Sap House is closed for the season. We should have some softs in January.
cool. i might pick up a ridge in soft granite

Old 12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Aren't there a ton of really fast greens at Timmons Park? I think you are going to have rollaways no matter what there. The soft should help, but it won't eliminate the rollaways. Still have to come in at a good angle/speed.
Good luck with the soft, report back with the soft results.
I've been using Ridges and Summits as my main putters since April I think so I can't compare their rollaway tendency to other putters personally. I just seem to have more rollaways than anyone else. It may just be in my head, but they seem to be of the perfect flexibility to bounce up and start rolling from the most innocent landings. But it is that same flexibility that gives it the perfect feel. I'll report the results when I get the soft which will be after Christmas.

I don't like dissing the Summit because it is such an awesome putter, but I just want to share my experiences with it, because it seemed that others were having the same unusual rollaway issues.
Closed Thread