Old 12-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
North Eastern local legend Scoontar has some softs for sale at his ebay store with individual pics. Some nice blue ones. Also some firm granites and his hand drawn full color discs.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/scoontarsdis....c0.m270.l1313
Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Just got my soft trak! It's yellow in blue, not quite a swirl or marble, but more like the way water makes ripples in sand. It's gorgeous. Wish I had a camera.

The material is everything I ever imagined it would be. So flexi. Can't wait to go throw. Need to find a nice bright soft ibex to go with it.

This disc smells very very strong, wow! I was making dinner when it arrived, five minutes after opening the package I actually checked to see if I accidentally left a rubber pot holder in the oven. My whole apartment smells rubbery. I can't imagine what the vibram factory workers go through.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
So origionally I picked up the Ibex as more of a long range putter. I threw it this past weekend in a fundraiser event and wow. Long and straight. Nearly hit an ace with it. I am thinking of adding more Vibram discs back to the bag based on this.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
So origionally I picked up the Ibex as more of a long range putter. I threw it this past weekend in a fundraiser event and wow. Long and straight. Nearly hit an ace with it. I am thinking of adding more Vibram discs back to the bag based on this.
The Ibex is definitely a winner and really shines if you treat it closer to a fairway driver than a putter.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Courses Played: 69
I must have gotten a freak, my Ibex is very stable. Flies more like a stable Buzzz or even a Hornet. It's 177 and a firm. Think I'm gonnna go a little lighter and wait for a medium when I buy the next one.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBag View Post
I must have gotten a freak, my Ibex is very stable. Flies more like a stable Buzzz or even a Hornet. It's 177 and a firm. Think I'm gonnna go a little lighter and wait for a medium when I buy the next one.
It's gotta be the weight. I have 2 FR Ascents... One is 174 and the other is 178. The 178 fades harder than a friggin whippet. The 174 flies how I would expect.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
it is also the material depending on the mold. I had a firm and medium Ascent in the same weight and the firm Ascent had more turn than the medium. My two ridges (that were my main putters for a while) were the same weight but the Firm faded harder at the end of its flight. My soft VP had a lot of turn where my medium was what you would expect from a VP.

I don't use Vibram discs anymore though. Considering selling or secret santa-ing.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBag View Post
You have a Firm Ibex? Is it a Vibram Open one?

I didn't know that there were any out there other than Soft, Medium and the VO Super Firms.

My 178 M Ibex has some good stability to it.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
You have a Firm Ibex? Is it a Vibram Open one?

I didn't know that there were any out there other than Soft, Medium and the VO Super Firms.

My 178 M Ibex has some good stability to it.
my 172, 173 and 177 all have great stability. my soft is a tad less stable but i can put more juice on it

Old 12-22-2011, 02:44 PM

Courses Played: 69
Here is the freak. Got it from Discgolfcenter the day they were put up.

Also, If a Vibram disc does not have the flight numbers, does that mean it is a first run? I'm sure that's been asked here before but I'll ask it again.
Closed Thread