Disc Golf Store
Old 01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
I got a soft Summit for Christmas. It is very soft and floppy and can be folded over twice. I wanted it mainly to putt with on slopped greens in hopes it wouldn't roll as bad as my medium Summit.

I definitely prefer the more solid/firm feel of the medium Summit when putting. The soft seems to shift around during my putting motion (but if you prefer a soft, floppy putter, then I couldn't imagine a better one). So the plan was to bring it out only on sloped greens, which I was doing until I putted low with it, and it hit the basket and rolled for a good bit. So I probably won't keep using it. I know it's my fault and not the disc's, but if they are both going to roll I'll just stick with the medium.

It is grippier though. My ideal putter would be a medium Summit wrapped in a layer of the soft rubber; similar to the X-Link Fusion idea.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Courses Played: 20
i was wondering if we are gonna see some x-link glow anytime soon? i love night golf but hate not using my soles. my heart hurts to putt with a glow aviar
Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
^^
to have glow granite, now that could be snazzy.

@atay - roll aways are one reason I stopped using the putters.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 24
i LOVE my ascent! and soft summit is the bomb
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
I got a soft Summit for Christmas. It is very soft and floppy and can be folded over twice. I wanted it mainly to putt with on slopped greens in hopes it wouldn't roll as bad as my medium Summit.

I definitely prefer the more solid/firm feel of the medium Summit when putting. The soft seems to shift around during my putting motion (but if you prefer a soft, floppy putter, then I couldn't imagine a better one). So the plan was to bring it out only on sloped greens, which I was doing until I putted low with it, and it hit the basket and rolled for a good bit. So I probably won't keep using it. I know it's my fault and not the disc's, but if they are both going to roll I'll just stick with the medium.

It is grippier though. My ideal putter would be a medium Summit wrapped in a layer of the soft rubber; similar to the X-Link Fusion idea.
My main use for my soft Summit is to putt in the wind with it. It has a lot less tendency to sail off in high (and I mean really high) winds. I hold the back of the putter with my off hand until I start the forward motion of the putt so it doesn't flop around on the putting motion.

All putters will frequently roll if they fall straight down from a low miss on a sloped green. I've seen Gumputts and Blowflys roll down hills.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
All putters will frequently roll if they fall straight down from a low miss on a sloped green. I've seen Gumputts and Blowflys roll down hills.
I now realize that. I just wanted to test one out and see.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsnapp View Post
i was wondering if we are gonna see some x-link glow anytime soon? i love night golf but hate not using my soles. my heart hurts to putt with a glow aviar
Your not the only one whose wants glow Vibrams, but I think Steve said no go to the glow when they tried it.

My theory is that they accidentally created Flubber,

which as we all know is not practicle for disc golf because if you throw it with any nose up it takes hours to come back down.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Eagle Member

Any plans for 150 class Summits?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 1
Yes. We should have 150-Class Summits available by the Spring. I will be at Outdoor Retailer next week (Thursday to Sunday) so if you or anyone you know is going, please stop by the Vibram booth and say hello!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Yes. We should have 150-Class Summits available by the Spring.
That's good to hear. Thanks.
Closed Thread