Old 02-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
It does feel weird and definitely takes some getting used to. However, the learning curve is short..at least I picked it up fairly quickly. You just have to relearn the release. All of my group were releasing it late at first. Its so grippy, you just don't want to let go. Once you get the timing down, its very easy to control and it won't take a ton of force to make it go a long way.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 1
Thanks for the good words. Damon and Disc Nation do a great job and I look forward to saying hi again in October during the Players Cup. I spent the morning in DFW and we had the biggest Vibram Birdie Mini ever!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
No towel required.

When I left the house yesterday it was sunny, but by the time I arrived at the course it was pouring down rain and the wind was whipping. Grabbing my bag out of the car, I discovered my towel was still back at home. I knew most of my champion/Z plastic would be useless after the first throw, and I'd had Star plastic slip out of my hand many times. So I decided it was time to give the Vibrams a real test and play an almost all Vibram round. Thanks to Vibram I had a great round in the rain. No towel required.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnow View Post
When I left the house yesterday it was sunny, but by the time I arrived at the course it was pouring down rain and the wind was whipping. Grabbing my bag out of the car, I discovered my towel was still back at home. I knew most of my champion/Z plastic would be useless after the first throw, and I'd had Star plastic slip out of my hand many times. So I decided it was time to give the Vibrams a real test and play an almost all Vibram round. Thanks to Vibram I had a great round in the rain. No towel required.
**** yes!

Had a similar experience recently. Rain round with only Ascent and Summit. No problem.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Birdie Member

Just received an Ascent in a trade that I had some questions about. Tried searching, but I think I was looking for something too specific.

So it's a medium Ascent, Black on top with some minor yellow streaking, and the bottom is like a pink/purple swirl... there are no flight ratings on the bottom, and not like.... the boxes are empty where the numbers should be like a first run, there is just nothing. It does say something along the lines of, "tested where it matters, made in USA", but I don't have the disc with me so I can't confirm the exact language.

So what's the deal with this Ascent?

Also, it has a sunken top. What was the verdict on how that affects Vibram discs?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Birdie Member

Update : Got to see the disc in the sun today... the top has definitely been dyed, so disregard the color.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Mr. Dodge,

I just looked at the Calendar and could not be more excited to see that you are on your way out to Colorado in June. I am so excited in fact that I decided to post a message here just to say that I was excited. I am looking forward to hanging out with you then. Ha! Hanging out with Mr Dodge. I smell a Disc Golf Reality Internet TV Show.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Question:

Which Vibram putter is most like the Magic? or the Pure?

Also when choosing firmness, does the regular X-Link feel floppy then the medium and firm are progressively harder?

I am considering a change in putter this season and I have not tried any Vibram, but would like to.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Question:

Which Vibram putter is most like the Magic? or the Pure?

Also when choosing firmness, does the regular X-Link feel floppy then the medium and firm are progressively harder?

I am considering a change in putter this season and I have not tried any Vibram, but would like to.
Regular=Medium and is not floppy. Soft is super floppy.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 32
The Summit should be somewhat Magic-like, not sure on the Pure, maybe the same answer
Closed Thread