Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgeoguy View Post
What is going on with the Obex?
June 28 release. I still keep looking for any early opportunities...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
The Whole Flipping Shed

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to Titanic_Sinks
I know I'm a youngin' when it comes to posting on these boards, but I'll try this anyway...My birthday is June 29th! Pretty good timing for an Obex shaped gift, is it not?

Seriously, though...I'm really hoping the Obex turns out to be a boon for Vibram. I want them to succeed, if only to show other "big companies" that disc golf isn't the ugly girl at the prom.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 101
In case anyone was wondering why you haven't seen the Obex approved for tournament play, Mr. Dodge pulled a few favors to get the PDGA to approve it on June 27th, right before it hits stores on the 28th.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 222
Steve- any changes from the protos to the production run?
Old 06-24-2012, 04:00 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post

How about a Vibram DG bag ?
With a modified Vibram shoe style bottom on it ?
That's a really good idea.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
^^^

it has been suggested before but you would have to read through the first 150 pages of this thread to find it...
Old 06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticDave View Post
Just curious why there was no Vibram love at the Beaver State Fling. I was really hoping to see Vibram discs for sale at the event since Vibram is a major sponsor of the tour. Was hoping to maybe see an Obex demo and just some Vibram goodness in general
I hear Vibram makes it difficult for retailers to be approved to sell their discs. The local shop I do most of my shopping at used to keep them in stock, but apparently they changed their policy and sent him a pile of forms to fill out so he could continue to sell their discs. Since Vibram wasn't among his best sellers, and since he didn't think the demanded information was reasonable or worth the hassle to fill out, he just stopped selling them. It's a shame, because I've had Vibram discs in my bag ever since they came out with the Ridge, and would be looking to buy an Obex, and possibly replace my lost Trak and Ascent, but it's much more difficult now that my local store no longer carries Vibram discs.

Maybe the hurdles to being allowed to sell Vibram discs are part of the reason why the TD at that event didn't sell them.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I hear Vibram makes it difficult for retailers to be approved to sell their discs. The local shop I do most of my shopping at used to keep them in stock, but apparently they changed their policy and sent him a pile of forms to fill out so he could continue to sell their discs. Since Vibram wasn't among his best sellers, and since he didn't think the demanded information was reasonable or worth the hassle to fill out, he just stopped selling them. It's a shame, because I've had Vibram discs in my bag ever since they came out with the Ridge, and would be looking to buy an Obex, and possibly replace my lost Trak and Ascent, but it's much more difficult now that my local store no longer carries Vibram discs.

Maybe the hurdles to being allowed to sell Vibram discs are part of the reason why the TD at that event didn't sell them.
This may be the reason my local "brick and mortar" vendor quit selling them. If it is, it's a shame.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
I was going to try and get Vibram in our shop, but after seeing everything they wanted from us we decided against it. Looks like we aren't the only ones having a hard time carrying their discs. Shame really.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

My local guy got 2 small shipments in before they cut him off and told him no more batches at the wholesale price. That being said I don't know anything other than hearsay.
Closed Thread