Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 26
HEY!!!
When are we going to get some more Vibram mini markers out in the world for sale???
I cannot imagine it's that hard to run a production batch of em.
Or, are mini markers not a cost effective item for them?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticDave View Post
Just curious why there was no Vibram love at the Beaver State Fling. I was really hoping to see Vibram discs for sale at the event since Vibram is a major sponsor of the tour. Was hoping to maybe see an Obex demo and just some Vibram goodness in general
I'm not sure about the reason for this. Every time I've reached out to, I've gotten little to no response. Hopefully we will be able to be more involved in the future.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgeoguy View Post
What is going on with the Obex?
It will be available at Pinnacle Retailers tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonnagal View Post
I've helped spark Vibram fever in the Mitten! I'm anxiously awaiting their distance driver that is to be out this summer/fall via Discgolfer magazine.
I will be giving one away at the 2012 PDGA Worlds Flymart on Tuesday night. It will be the first prototype driver that goes to someone not on Team Vibram. We've been working on these for three years and they are getting tasty reviews from the team.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
In case anyone was wondering why you haven't seen the Obex approved for tournament play, Mr. Dodge pulled a few favors to get the PDGA to approve it on June 27th, right before it hits stores on the 28th.
While I appreciate the thought that I could pull a few favors, I simply asked them to do the testing when we paid for it and to wait to announce the approval. It has always irked me when a disc is PDGA Approved and then you are not able to buy it until months afterwards (manufacturer error here, not PDGA). I'd recommend everyone manufacturing a disc do this to avoid confusion in the market. We will do it with all of our discs going forward.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Steve- any changes from the protos to the production run?
Not once it went to testers. We did one minor tweak after initial team reactions but this is before it went to testers.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I hear Vibram makes it difficult for retailers to be approved to sell their discs. The local shop I do most of my shopping at used to keep them in stock, but apparently they changed their policy and sent him a pile of forms to fill out so he could continue to sell their discs. Since Vibram wasn't among his best sellers, and since he didn't think the demanded information was reasonable or worth the hassle to fill out, he just stopped selling them. It's a shame, because I've had Vibram discs in my bag ever since they came out with the Ridge, and would be looking to buy an Obex, and possibly replace my lost Trak and Ascent, but it's much more difficult now that my local store no longer carries Vibram discs.

Maybe the hurdles to being allowed to sell Vibram discs are part of the reason why the TD at that event didn't sell them.
Let me know the store. We only ask for two documents - one of which is a state reseller's certificate. Assuming they are a legit store, this should be easy. I would love to help make it easy for them to get the discs back in the store, especially with the Obex coming out.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
My local guy got 2 small shipments in before they cut him off and told him no more batches at the wholesale price. That being said I don't know anything other than hearsay.
Is he a legit store? This sounds odd to me - as I'm the one who would have cut him off!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Let me know the store. We only ask for two documents - one of which is a state reseller's certificate. Assuming they are a legit store, this should be easy. I would love to help make it easy for them to get the discs back in the store, especially with the Obex coming out.
Um you can do the same with Us. Last orders I placed came in 2 or 3 different shipments ( one that had 2 discs? Thanks for the shipping charge! ) and were off from what we ordered. We tried to call a few times only to be told lack of stock or new paperwork to fill out.

Iron Lion.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbutter View Post
HEY!!!
When are we going to get some more Vibram mini markers out in the world for sale???
I cannot imagine it's that hard to run a production batch of em.
Or, are mini markers not a cost effective item for them?
Minis will be available in mid-July.
Closed Thread