Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
No? Try to throw a little cleaner and the firm will reward you by not absorbing energy that could be better spent propelling the disc. There's no reason to fall out of love with this disc other than "grass is greener" reasoning. It performs.
It performed like a champ today. I threw a couple drives with my Diamond to loosen up and then played with the Ibex for almost the rest of the round. I think my issue is I was throwing while standing up too straight so it was putting a slight anny on it. When I focused on putting some bend into it the Ibex would just take off. Highlight shot of the day was a 150 foot arrow into the chains that took a bounce off the pole and hung there in the chains in flight position until I got there to take a picture and yank it out.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 28
Messed around with my Firm Obex today. It is exactly what I wanted it to be. Between the Obex and Ibex I have every mid range shot covered. Thanks Vibram for producing another solid mold. I am looking forward to some distance drivers.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Oh Steve, I know your tester Obex's were made in Medium, but all of the production run Obex's out there are Firm. When am I going to be able to purchase a Medium Obex from my favorite local retailer and Vibram Pinnacle retailer who worked so hard to get you out here to Colroado recently?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Oh Steve, I know your tester Obex's were made in Medium, but all of the production run Obex's out there are Firm. When am I going to be able to purchase a Medium Obex from my favorite local retailer and Vibram Pinnacle retailer who worked so hard to get you out here to Colroado recently?
Our order form said they would be available the 3rd to order. So I suspect you will see them soon.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Birdie Member

Steve already said a mistake was made and a double batch of firms was made instead of one of each. I'm sure they're creeping out into stores at this very moment.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Steve already said a mistake was made and a double batch of firms was made instead of one of each. I'm sure they're creeping out into stores at this very moment.
That's true. I know they sent shipments out late last week and more on Tuesday.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
The world is right, I picked up my Medium Obex today. A little heavier than I wanted but it will more than do. It is so much fun to throw. Wish I had it for my round earlier in the day. I know it would have saved me at least one throw, maybe.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
The world is right, I picked up my Medium Obex today. A little heavier than I wanted but it will more than do. It is so much fun to throw. Wish I had it for my round earlier in the day. I know it would have saved me at least one throw, maybe.
Where did you get the medium Obex?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 218
Will you be selling discs at the Worlds Flymart or will they only be available from retailers at the Flymart?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Anyone sitting on or know of any real good looking Traks at their local shops? I've been having trouble finding some good color combo's in them.

Please don't point me to eBay and/or DiscGolfCenter, I already cleaned them out.
Closed Thread