Disc Golf Store
Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Update for the warped summit...

Placed it in the microwave, rim down. Put a small plate (upside down) on it that rested only on the rim, this made sure I didn't cave in the top...how I had a plate that was the same diameter of my disc...good deal! I then placed a bowl (upside down) on top for added weight. Placed a damp towel covering the whole set-up and nuked it 3 times for 15 second bursts. Did this at night when the house was very cool. Opened the door and left it sitting there for about 30 minutes while it got back to (cool) room temp. Reduced the warping significantly.

I have yet to flight test it, but I'm going to Stafford Lake tomorrow and will put it through its paces then.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
If Steve could tell us what the mold temperature of the discs is, it may be possible to use an oven heated close, not at or above the molding temperature to reduce warping.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 15
To those of you using Traks, do any of you use (or used to use) Rivers too? How do the two compare for you, do they overlap, do you use both?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 15
I throw rivers. got a trak just to try it. my trak was much more stable than my rivers. my rivers can be thrown flat for a nice turnover shot. i couldnt turn the trak without an anhyzer release. and even then it fought out fast. Much less glide, too.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 19
Got my trak and have been throwing it for two days now. So this is some early thoughts on it. Like I said I bought it in hope that it would be the understable counterpart to my now rip ascent.

Like previously stated it throws pretty much like my star eagle which has me very disappointed. I feel like it glides further than my eagle. My trak has that hst but fades out of it hard. Putting it on annies it tries to turn out. I really was looking for a flat release disc that would have that easy right turn with little fade. At this point it's not it at all.

I have plenty of room in my bag so I'll keep it around but I don't see myself throwing it on the course when I have my eagle. Maybe down the road it will beat in a little and perform as advertised. I really want it to as I love the feel of it and how easy it comes out of my hand.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
My trak is nice and understable. It flies just like I hoped it would. Super clean hyzer flips, and very little fade.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
Maybe down the road it will beat in a little and perform as advertised. I really want it to as I love the feel of it and how easy it comes out of my hand.
It might not. Mine has stayed just like the flight chart when I rip it right.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
Got my trak and have been throwing it for two days now. So this is some early thoughts on it. Like I said I bought it in hope that it would be the understable counterpart to my now rip ascent.

Like previously stated it throws pretty much like my star eagle which has me very disappointed. I feel like it glides further than my eagle. My trak has that hst but fades out of it hard. Putting it on annies it tries to turn out. I really was looking for a flat release disc that would have that easy right turn with little fade. At this point it's not it at all.

I have plenty of room in my bag so I'll keep it around but I don't see myself throwing it on the course when I have my eagle. Maybe down the road it will beat in a little and perform as advertised. I really want it to as I love the feel of it and how easy it comes out of my hand.
What plastic firmness did you get? I have had three different traks now (two medium and one firm), and my firm one was by far the less stable of the three. It would hyzer flip pretty easy for it. The mediums I have if thrown level and nose down will glide a LONG ways with little to no hst and only a touch of fade. My 169 medium has traveled 405-410 ft with no fade or hst at all before.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
It might not. Mine has stayed just like the flight chart when I rip it right.
That is my experience w/ Vibram discs as well. They don't beat in very quickly or quite like any of the other manufacturers' plastic types do.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.4
Courses Played: 24
Steve, I have a question. Can you make meatier Ascents ?

Now, some backstory.

I'm on my second Ascent. The first was a firm. It started out like I expected it to be, overstable compared to an Eagle X, with a reliable turn and pretty quick fade, which is exactly the slot I needed to fill.

It changed pretty quick, less than 6 months of regular use, to something more like an Eagle L, which I already have and love. I play wooded courses, so it wasnt babied, but it lost the flight characteristics I need it for.

I replaced it with a regular X Link, which I'm using now. It also started out very stable/overstable, but its also starting to change a bit.

Now, I know this is great from a profit standpoint for you guys, because I gotta keep buying these, but I figure if I had ones that started out even more overstable, it would be good economics for me, because I would have to replace them less, so I feel like I should ask, even if you say " No soup for you ! "

I want more meaty meat burger stable ones, can you have your crack team of world renowned scientists come up with a more overstable rubber formula they can cook up in the same mold ?
Have you messed around with different formulas to vary stability within a mold yet ?

Signed;
Flippy from Seattle.
Closed Thread