Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Which color did you guys get? And would you be able to post a pic of the slightly concave top?
Baby Blue. It was not marked in regards to firmness or weight (and I do not have a scale).

I will try to take a picture tonight, but it is so slight that it can be seen by the eye but likely will not photograph well. We will see. I did notice that it was slightly warped on top when I opened the envelope (sunken in more on one side than the other), but since being out of the envelope it seems to have corrected itself without me having to use the microwave treatment.

I really do like the feel of it. As I stated earlier, I especially like having the logo near the rim so I can use it for extra thumb traction. It makes the Trak a lot easier to throw, especially in the winter when normal discs are a little more slick and or my hand (and subsequently my grip) are a little numb.

Also, I have a video of my 8 year old son throwing it in comparison to a DX Archangel. The video probably does not speak much to the actual performance of the disc as he is still learning to throw in general and maxes out at 75 feet. I am in my classroom at the moment and this particular computer has youtube blacklisted, so I will have to link it later.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
I am going to bet this has been answered previously...if it has I am sorry...but how does the Obex compare to an FLX Buzzz? It's significantly more over stable right? And how much more?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Which color did you guys get? And would you be able to post a pic of the slightly concave top?
I would get you a pic, Mr. Dodge, were I but a humble tester (hint, hint)

Seriously though, I can't wait for more really solid reviews on this disc. Obviously these are protos, so I'm sure the final driver will be much different, but I can honestly say that I haven't found a Vibram disc I didn't like (though I haven't purchased either of the mids yet, I have thrown them.)

I'm super psyched because it is now Soft season! Time to stock up on my soft putters!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I am going to bet this has been answered previously...if it has I am sorry...but how does the Obex compare to an FLX Buzzz? It's significantly more over stable right? And how much more?
They're hard to even compare because they're very different discs. But...

At high speed the FLX Buzzz is fairly understable with a bit of early turn. The Obex will hold whatever line you put it on. At lower speed towards the end of it's flight, the Buzzz will come back a little but generally finish straight whereas the Obex will fade hard finishing left for a RHBH player.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Eagle Member

I got a baby blue and very flat top.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I will try to take a picture tonight, but it is so slight that it can be seen by the eye but likely will not photograph well. We will see. I did notice that it was slightly warped on top when I opened the envelope (sunken in more on one side than the other), but since being out of the envelope it seems to have corrected itself without me having to use the microwave treatment.
What if you poured a little water on top and let it pool in the concave area? If you use a flash, there should be a decent reflection off of the water showing how concave the disc is. Just a thought.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Got in a couple rounds with the new driver & it is FLIPPY!! I max out at 350?? & it reminds me of a Pro Vulcan. Flat release & it needs height to not crash. But hit the hyzer right & it definitely has some D potential. Now I know why they are tweaking the mold if they were shooting for a Destroyer. WAY too flippy to be a Destroyer replacement
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 184
I have notices that the wing on the blues seem to be the flattest of all of them.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

@chris deitzel,

Any review on that other driver you had mentioned previously??

Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 184
It's the same driver. Though I have noticed the blue one seems different than the red and greys that I have..
Closed Thread