Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
The disc will either be an Ibex or an Obex.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 8
I need a basket, and it's a tossup between a Machlite and M14. This may seal the deal.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 AM

Here's my 2 most recent Vibram purchases.

Love the soft Sole on the left. It's my first soft mold and its exactly as advertised.

The green 164 medium Sole on the right I'm kinda meh about. It was ok, but I don't think I'll find room for it in my bag. Therefore, first person that pm's me saying they want it gets it for $12 dollars shipped. 8.5/10 no ink.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 8
After getting in my soft summit and ridge, I think I may need a sole and Vp to go with them. I don't think they'll be as floppy as the shallower ridge and summit, and will be more useable to me in warmer weather. The summit and ridge will definitely see use in cold weather, but they soak up a lot of energy and have me leaving my putts short when using the same motion as my firms. I will be getting softs all around, I think, for winter because I hate cold slippery platistic on my hands.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
I have one of the old soft VPs and had it in my bag for a long time. It got pulled earlier this year because the rim would flex on me as I pulled it through creating a very inconsistent release. I have thought about getting one of the new softs but there are so few situations that I find I want one these days that it just doens't make sense. You can try to convince me otherwise, but I think I will just stick with the mediums.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
I have two of the new prototype Obexs and I find that they are just too slick for me. I really love gummy discs tho
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiesfan4ever View Post
I have two of the new prototype Obexs and I find that they are just too slick for me. I really love gummy discs tho
give them a good wash with a degreasing dish soap and warm water. There is some slickness to vibram when they are new and I have found this to help to bring out the grip. I thought they were slick too, then i found a trak at the course. uber grippy, then i washed mine and they got a ton better.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
give them a good wash with a degreasing dish soap and warm water. There is some slickness to vibram when they are new and I have found this to help to bring out the grip. I thought they were slick too, then i found a trak at the course. uber grippy, then i washed mine and they got a ton better.
If you live by the ocean, the salt water does the same thing. I took my Traks to the beach while my wife was taking a surfing lesson a month or so ago. I couldn't get the sticker residue from the store off the disc, so I grabbed a handful of sand and wore it off that way before rinsing it in the ocean. I don't know if it was the sand or the salt but after that they were much grippier.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
I'll have to try this

Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
This is pretty much what I do whenever I get a new Vibram (or a used one that I haven't held before). I use just plain ol' dish soap and a mildly abrasive sponge and scrub the whole disc then rinse it off and dry.

The person that first advised me to do this said something about the discs some how ending up with a slippery residue when finishing the manufacturing process that doesn't always get removed. I am not sure if he's right, but I don't see a huge reason that it couldn't be without Steven telling us otherwise.
Closed Thread