Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Par Member

I personally have never thrown a Vibram Driver. But I have thrown a VP. There are stupidly overstable... I like.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Any idea when those DriFit Disc packages are going to be sent out?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 21
Holy crap. I just read about cleaning Vibram discs to remove any residue that used to give some of them a false slick feel. I gave my Ibex and Trak a warm bath in Palmolive dish detergent and they both went from fairly grippy to grippy as hell. If I pinch the rim with my index finger and thumb and try to slide it out with my other hand, it barely budges. The same pinch test with DX, Champion, Star, ESP, FLX ESP, Sure Grip, Evolution, and any other plastic in my house, and my fingers slide with varying resistance. Very cool.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgauthier View Post
Holy crap. I just read about cleaning Vibram discs to remove any residue that used to give some of them a false slick feel. I gave my Ibex and Trak a warm bath in Palmolive dish detergent and they both went from fairly grippy to grippy as hell. If I pinch the rim with my index finger and thumb and try to slide it out with my other hand, it barely budges. The same pinch test with DX, Champion, Star, ESP, FLX ESP, Sure Grip, Evolution, and any other plastic in my house, and my fingers slide with varying resistance. Very cool.
I wonder how much this would apply to other plastics. Skin gives off oils all the time anyways so maybe this would help with all plastic types. Although, the effect is rather dramatic on the x-link I noticed.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I wonder how much this would apply to other plastics. Skin gives off oils all the time anyways so maybe this would help with all plastic types. Although, the effect is rather dramatic on the x-link I noticed.
take some windex to your discs, that removes the grease and oils and makes your discs grippy as heck.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
I picked up a soft Summit today from my local shop, and it is awesome. There are some precarious greens at my course, where there are drop offs if you overshoot the basket and a lot of slick ground around them, and this thing just wanted to stop where it landed. It was also fun for flicking out of trouble. I even putted with it for the whole round, and while it looks ugly coming out of the hand and flopping toward the basket, it wanted to find chains the whole time. I plan on picking up a medium in the very near future to drive with.

While I am on Vibram, I have a question about the Ibex: What can it do that my Buzzz can't? I have really been clicking lately with my ESP FLX Buzzz, especially on low lines, but I wanna check out an Ibex. Does the Ibex hold low lines well, or does it like height? Can the two coexist, or is it going to be a waste for me to check out the Ibex if the Buzzz is staying in the bag? Last question: My Buzzz is 171 g I think. Should I stick around the same weight for an Ibex, or a tick lower? I recall reading that the Ibex needs a bit more oomph to go, so I wasn't sure where I should go with weights.

Holy cow, that was a lot of stuff to talk about. Sorry. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 32
So I've looked through most of this thread and I have a question....

I currently putt Innova PnA's and want something more stable. I'm a hyzer putter also. I dont like big beads but a smallish bead is doable. What would you guys recommend? I also like a smaller profile but overstability is a must.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
While I am on Vibram, I have a question about the Ibex: What can it do that my Buzzz can't? I have really been clicking lately with my ESP FLX Buzzz, especially on low lines, but I wanna check out an Ibex. Does the Ibex hold low lines well, or does it like height? Can the two coexist, or is it going to be a waste for me to check out the Ibex if the Buzzz is staying in the bag? Last question: My Buzzz is 171 g I think. Should I stick around the same weight for an Ibex, or a tick lower? I recall reading that the Ibex needs a bit more oomph to go, so I wasn't sure where I should go with weights.

Holy cow, that was a lot of stuff to talk about. Sorry. Thanks for reading.
The Ibex can do pretty much whatever a Buzzz can do. It has less fade, with more resistance to high speed turn than a Buzzz, in my experience. I find that when thrown with good snap, the Ibex will glide for a very long ways dead nuts straight. I personally love it for powered down nose up floaty approach shots.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
The Ibex can do pretty much whatever a Buzzz can do. It has less fade, with more resistance to high speed turn than a Buzzz, in my experience. I find that when thrown with good snap, the Ibex will glide for a very long ways dead nuts straight. I personally love it for powered down nose up floaty approach shots.
Thanks Kutz, this all sounds awesome. Any weight preference compared to a Buzzz?

Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
take some windex to your discs, that removes the grease and oils and makes your discs grippy as heck.
I've heard this before, and more specifically for MVP stuff. Makes sense, but I've never liked the smell of Windex. My Ibex and Trak now smell like green apple scented Palmolive, which is a bonus!
Closed Thread