Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
anyone have a xlink soft trak? Should I try one out out over a medium??
Vibram's soft xlink is VERY soft, just so you know. It makes my RFF Wizards feel downright firm, and grippy as hell. I have a soft Ibex and I love it, and can't wait to use it for those 20 degree rounds in Ohio soon. If you don't want something very floppy, pick up a medium or firm.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgauthier View Post
Vibram's soft xlink is VERY soft, just so you know. It makes

my RFF Wizards feel downright firm, and grippy as hell. I have a soft Ibex and I love it, and can't wait to use it for those 20 degree rounds in Ohio soon. If you don't want something very floppy, pick up a medium or firm.
While I have a soft Ascent and a soft Ridge that barely get used, I ONLY use the soft Trak, even in warm weather. I like using the softs because you know they are going to hit and stick for sure but the puttees and the Ascent Ive had did sometimes come out of the hand differently.

But not the Trak. Ive had two (the first one I tried to dye myself and got a terrible bleed on) and they are both consistent, laser beam drivers. I can get them out to about 300 feet....which ia dead honest distance, and actually really good for me and a Fairway driver!

But, I wouldn't reccomend starting with a soft unless you have good form. I don't, but the softs definetly helped me clean it up!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
So, not to get greedy since the Lace isn't even out yet, but what does everyone think/hope is next for Vibram?

I think that next on the list is to release the under stable version of the Lace proto as it's own production run.

But I hope that Vibram will look at the speed 6/5 area and fill out their fairway/mid line up. I'd love to see something massively overstable in this speed range, as well as something Leopard like. And even though it doesn't fit my game, maybe something understable enough to be an out of the box roller.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
So, not to get greedy since the Lace isn't even out yet, but what does everyone think/hope is next for Vibram?

I think that next on the list is to release the under stable version of the Lace proto as it's own production run.

But I hope that Vibram will look at the speed 6/5 area and fill out their fairway/mid line up. I'd love to see something massively overstable in this speed range, as well as something Leopard like. And even though it doesn't fit my game, maybe something understable enough to be an out of the box roller.
It is a little bit greedy but I like it haha. Since Vibram is such an awesome disc golf company it only follows that Vibram throwers will want a complete line-up like Innova or Discraft.

It's funny because when Vibram did a survey on what discs models to make next I filled out and also emailed Steve my choices. My first was an overstable mid. Aka Obex now. My second was a big distance driver. Aka Lace soon. My third was for a disc like the Innova Firebird or Discraft Predator. These two discs are STAPLES of many pros' bags and many other disc golfers as well. I think it would be well worth Vibram's while to come up with a model like this. Make a faster, more overstable Ascent. Aka Apex in future?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.4
The only glaring hole in Vibrams line up is a very overstable CONTROL driver. Please Vibram, buy a stack of Firebirds and Predators and create something that falls between the two. You will make a lot of money and make a lot of happy golfers.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid the Kid View Post
The only glaring hole in Vibrams line up is a very overstable CONTROL driver. Please Vibram, buy a stack of Firebirds and Predators and create something that falls between the two. You will make a lot of money and make a lot of happy golfers.
That makes two of us! Completely agree.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm all for something massively overstable, I was thinking more fairway speed, but something firebird speed I could find a use for.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
just bought a nice medium trak from disc outfitters!! excitedddd

Last edited by scunham; 11-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
just bought a nice medium trak from disc outfitters!! excitedddd
Nice!!!! I'm sure you will like it. I just ordered a soft Ibex, Ascent, and Trak from Justin at CommunityDiscs today. I am super stoked for them to get a winter bag in order!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Nice!!!! I'm sure you will like it. I just ordered a soft Ibex, Ascent, and Trak from Justin at CommunityDiscs today. I am super stoked for them to get a winter bag in order!
My soft Ibex is amazing... Enjoy!
Closed Thread