Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
First released in X-Link Medium weighing 167-175 grams.

The first retailer orders are shipping to the West Coast and Mountain region to arrive at the stores 11/21 so they can get ready for the 11/23 release. Pretty darn exciting!
Your telling me. Black Friday at the Disc Golf Stores!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 47
The Inbounds chart has the Lace being amazingly straight to 458'. But how's the Lace for us noodle arms that can't reach beyond 350'? Should I just stick with the Trak/Ascent or will it help with a little more distance?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
The Inbounds chart has the Lace being amazingly straight to 458'. But how's the Lace for us noodle arms that can't reach beyond 350'? Should I just stick with the Trak/Ascent or will it help with a little more distance?
If a fast disc is too stable for you, try to give it a little more anhyzer. You should see more distance before it fades. You might need a little more room for the disc to "S' out.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
If a fast disc is too stable for you, try to give it a little more anhyzer. You should see more distance before it fades. You might need a little more room for the disc to "S' out.
I understand that generally if you don't get a disc up to its' speed it will tend to be more stable than advertised. But I'm not sure how this answers the question?? I didn't ask how to deal with an overstable disc. Just adding anhyzer to an overstable disc has never suddenly added another 100' to the distance I can throw.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
At this point in my disc golf evolution, I am approaching (if not actually there) a noodle arm status. I throw the Trak 300' or so. The Lace reaches 360-380 consistently and I've thrown over 400 with it. To really get max D with it, I release it on a slight anny.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I would get the lightest Lace you can find. Looks like that would be 167g for the first run of Laces. This will help somewhat with stability with a lighter weight disc.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 73
I had to ratchet back on the weight of most of my discs to get them to fly "as designed". I throw my Stingrays in the low 160s and most drivers in the mid 160s to be able to hit similar lines. I would think I'd also need to go light on the Lace to get it to fly like that. If that is really the flight path, the name is quite apropos.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Eegor nailed it. The only thing I would disagree on is that the sole is overstable. I'd say it is basically a longer Ridge, stable with glide. At least that's my experience.

I personally putt with a VP, but still carry Sole, Ridge, and Summit for upshots/approaches. All four molds are very useful and I'm sure there is a mold that fits your preference.
I would of typed the exact same thing!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
At this point in my disc golf evolution, I am approaching (if not actually there) a noodle arm status. I throw the Trak 300' or so. The Lace reaches 360-380 consistently and I've thrown over 400 with it. To really get max D with it, I release it on a slight anny.
Wow - that's an impressive jump. But do you get the same increase with other high speed drivers? I'm occasional getting Trak to 300 but I max out at around 330 even with speed 13s.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
Thinking about rocking an all vibram bag for winter. Do you guys think I would be alright with a Ridge, Ibex, and Trak?
Closed Thread