Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
Wow - that's an impressive jump. But do you get the same increase with other high speed drivers? I'm occasional getting Trak to 300 but I max out at around 330 even with speed 13s.
I once asked an owner of another disc golf company (a pretty big one ) if he had thrown a competitor's disc and he responded, "Why would I do that? Our discs are the best." I was taken aback. It never occurred to me that they would not investigate what other companies are doing.

I was thinking of typing, "why would I throw another company's discs?" as a joke, but realized the sarcasm font is not yet perfected on these forums.

Anyway, I have trouble with the Nuke because of the wing size and the sensed depth (I think the depth is real close to the Lace, but the Lace has a nice rounded edge so it somehow feels better). The other in-house tester throws the Lace and Nuke about the same distance - and he has just started throwing the Lace. When I threw the Lace against Destroyers, the Destroyers seemed more overstable (especially at the end of the flight) and I was therefore able to get a tad more distance with the Lace.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Did the Player Cup version have LACE (engraved/tooling or whatever) at 12:00 on the front of the disc?
Nope. These protos had no name or markings on them except the Vibram logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
How different are the players cup prototypes from the production Lace?
There were two production runs of the protos and we made Players Cup discs out of each, so one color is flippy (maybe the blues?) and one color is stable (maybe the oranges?).
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post

This was fun to check out. It is from InBounds Disc Golf.

Thanks for the nod Steven. For anyone else that would like to see the comparison above or to compare the Lace (currently the longest and possibly the straightest in the inFlight Guide) to any other discs:

Destroyer Lace Nuke

Everyone at inbounds Disc Golf is looking forward to hearing your in-depth thoughts on the Lace and the industry as a whole during the DGTR program on Tuesday!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Someone told me that they thought our drivers were not very durable.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
I once asked an owner of another disc golf company (a pretty big one ) if he had thrown a competitor's disc and he responded, "Why would I do that? Our discs are the best." I was taken aback. It never occurred to me that they would not investigate what other companies are doing.

I was thinking of typing, "why would I throw another company's discs?" as a joke, but realized the sarcasm font is not yet perfected on these forums.

Anyway, I have trouble with the Nuke because of the wing size and the sensed depth (I think the depth is real close to the Lace, but the Lace has a nice rounded edge so it somehow feels better). The other in-house tester throws the Lace and Nuke about the same distance - and he has just started throwing the Lace. When I threw the Lace against Destroyers, the Destroyers seemed more overstable (especially at the end of the flight) and I was therefore able to get a tad more distance with the Lace.
I had a similar experience when I was throwing Dana's Lace protos a couple weeks ago. Even after only a few throws I felt like they held a tighter line and flew slightly further than my Nukes did for me. For this reason, I am thinking they may overtake the Nukes as my go-to distance driver. Nice work StevenDodge and Vibram Disc Golf.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
I got my trak today! I am super excited to test it out tomorrow along with the ibex. I will have to pick up a sole as well..
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
I got my trak today! I am super excited to test it out tomorrow along with the ibex. I will have to pick up a sole as well..
Welcome to the club. I am confident that you will become just as obsessed with Vibram as the rest of us
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Eagle Member

Yeah I should have never gotten rid of my ascent , chunk summit and ridge that I had
Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
Yeah I should have never gotten rid of my ascent , chunk summit and ridge that I had
Just wait until you try the Lace. You will not be disappointed.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Eagle Member

Sometime. .. I like my small rim drivers .
Closed Thread