Disc Golf Store
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just got back with my first official round with the ibex and trak. I am really impressed! I've managed to work my way down to only one mid range in my bag but I don't even mind because after today I've realized the magic of the Ibex. Playing in a wooded course with some open holes I was able to throw it flat and watch it soar straight. For those right turning holes a little anhyzer and watched it follow that line..

The trak...

wow! I didn't think there would be a disc that I would favor more then my stalker/PD combo..

but I was wrong. This disc is amazing. Deadly Straight.. Thing goes far too. I don't have a big arm but I was able to put it about 325-350.

Both vibram discs are xlink medium which felt amazing on this 40 degree morning..

Christmas is coming..and so will my bag being filled with vibram plastic.. Sole, Obex, and another Ibex or two
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Someone told me that they thought our drivers were not very durable.
I've recently posted about my vibram fairway drivers possibly losing stability. They still look great. They just went flippy. I replaced them and the new ones are just like the old used to be. Maybe the older ones are actually just now "broke-in" but I couldn't keep the Trak from turning into the ground.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

I've never felt so happy throwing a disc into water before.. not intentionally but I'm actually glad I threw my kc pro roc in the drink!!!!!

The ibex feels so perfect in my hands
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Eagle Member

Ibex on top , trak on bottom

Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 58
Just got the Ibex + Trak combo and so far I love the Trak. It is so straight and they feel great in the hand. The Ibex just came in yesterday so no play time with it yet but I am excited to get it out on the course. It does feel a little like a Gateway Element in the hand...but a little better. I have the VP...which is great for upshots and have an ascent on the way. I don't know what took me so long to come to the Vibram party! Good stuff.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Eagle Member

I haven't thrown the element but my main mid was a gateway warrior until I lost it. The ibex is similar feel if not better !! Way straight . Yesterday there is a hole at a course that I play thy requires a 200-250 straight shot and dogleg left at the end . Held the line and finished at the end leaving me a good line to birdie .
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Softs are floppy soft. Blowfly or Gumputt soft.

Firms feel the most like your normal plastic putters.

Mediums come from slick (old ones) to really grippy (new ones).

VP - overstable. Excellent driving putter and great in the wind. If you like Rhynos, Challengers, KC Pro Aviars, new Wizard... etc.

Ridge - IMO, Vibram's best all around putter. Straight, stable putter. Compares to beat Wizard, Aviar P&A, Voodoo... etc.

Summit - understable putter. Compares to Magnet, Magic... etc. Very shallow rim makes it easy to release or drive. Easy anny drives that won't fade out. At slow speeds, will fly dead straight and land flat. IMO, the best putter if you're getting a soft one.

Sole - overstable, traditional shaped putter. Feels like a Warlock, but flies like a new Wizard or Challenger. It has more glide than the other Vibram putters.

I have never seen a beat up Vibram putter. These discs will fly like new for years unless you intentionally abuse them.

I'm sure there are other people that don't see the comparisons like I do. It's the way I see it. The "first three" Vibram putters are actually pretty unique. They're the only putters that I don't cringe when they fly square into a tree. Great for driving on wooded holes.

I usually carry a VP, Ridge and Summit in my bag.
Good advice! Thanks!
I'm actually looking for a putter for inside the circle. My driving/ approach putters are set.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
Ibex on top , trak on bottom

You have yourself a couple pretty vibrams there, sir.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Eagle Member

Thanks ! My goal is to have my whole vibram bag that color scheme

Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
just got my hands on a lace from a friend of mine. i actually like the feel of it. really grippy and smooth feel in the hand. i didnt get a good read on it because of the wind but i do like the minimal skip it has .
Closed Thread