Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
The Lace is already a turnover bomb...
I guess I meant more in similarity to say an Innova Vulcan. Flippy might be another way of phrasing it. The Lace is not either of those.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
After throwing the Lace probably 20-30 times today I feel very good about it. At first I was surprised how stable it was. A lot of throwers who don't have much arm speed will probably consider it overstable. I find it more similar to a Boss/ Destroyer than I expected. But for me, this is a good thing. This means it will be a more reliable wind driver, something Vibram has also needed. Although I don't think I broke 400' with it today, I think I'll get there eventually. I'd like to order some lighter ones and see what they do. If they are more stable/understable I might be able to get them up to 430' or so which would be great.

One thing is for sure, they definitely have the typical durability of the X-Link Medium. I let my friend try one out and she immediately threw it at a good speed right into a concrete wall. I cringed, but the disc was fine. Gotta love Vibram!

( I also posted this in the Lace thread)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I am pretty sure it will be easy for Vibram to release the understable version of the Lace and I suspect we will see it within a year. I would like to see the Predator Vibram disc as well since the Preadator is the one Non Vibram disc I reach for most often. The article made mention that Vibram is looking to fill out their chart of discs, Max Distance, Fairway, Mid Range, and Putter on one side, Massively Overstable, Overstable, Stable, Understable on the other.
i want a vibram stingray soooooo bad
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
I guess I meant more in similarity to say an Innova Vulcan. Flippy might be another way of phrasing it. The Lace is not either of those.
They are pretty damn near what you're describing. At least for everyone that I've seen throw it.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
They are pretty damn near what you're describing. At least for everyone that I've seen throw it.
Are you talking about the first run Laces?? Or protos? Some of the first protos were REALLY flippy but they put out a more stable version and that is what was released as the Lace. I have two 175-gram X-Link Medium Laces and they are not flippy. Maybe at like 600 ft of power they would be! I can throw 450-500' during the summer and past 400' during the winter.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 29
i liked the flippy proto,i didnt have to put alot on it to get it cruisin. the production lace is more stable for sure. flies like a new destroyer or something of the sort. kinda bummed its not like the flippy proto. it feels good and glides well but if im gonna have to put some mustard on each throw to get it to fly far (unlike the proto) i might as well just throw my destroyers that are seasoned. not knocking the disc at all. with my wonky back pain and me not throwing as far as i did once before,the prod lace might not be for me.

unless i take it to a wall.

anyone have any flippy testers? message me!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
I am guessing the Firm ones that come out will have more turn when new then these Mediums.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezo View Post
I am guessing the Firm ones that come out will have more turn when new then these Mediums.
Just becoming a Vibram thrower, so quick question on this. Is that generally the case? Are the firms traditionally less stable in all molds?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
Are you talking about the first run Laces?? Or protos? Some of the first protos were REALLY flippy but they put out a more stable version and that is what was released as the Lace. I have two 175-gram X-Link Medium Laces and they are not flippy. Maybe at like 600 ft of power they would be! I can throw 450-500' during the summer and past 400' during the winter.
I've thrown 4 different protos, and the FRs. All pretty damn flippy. Protos moreso than the FRs, but still flippy none the less.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I've thrown 4 different protos, and the FRs. All pretty damn flippy. Protos moreso than the FRs, but still flippy none the less.
Hmmm....how far do you normally throw??? Could be you got a couple understable first runs. Happens sometimes....
Closed Thread