Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Bought a couple FR Laces and should be able to test this weekend. I'll post a review. I'm hoping they are not as flippy as UPS is making them sound. So far, he's the only one I've heard say that the productions are understable. If they are, then I probably wont be bagging them. I definitely don't need anything super fast and super flippy. Moderate high speed turn will be welcome. Anyway, I'll let everyone know what I think.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
The productions are not understable for me. I threw 3 types of testers when Steve came to Disc Nation - flippy, straight and stable.

The production run is stable at high and low speeds. If you roll it over it will turn, that's the case with every stable disc, but that doesn't make it understable just because it turns

It held up fine in a 15 mph headwind, flipping flat and finishing with a late fade. Its a really good reliable driver that excels at getting out of the hand fast and gliding forward. I've thrown other discs of similar speed that don't have near the control and glide the Lace has. I'd say it's one of the top 5 workhorse speed 12/13 discs on the market
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
Bought a couple FR Laces and should be able to test this weekend. I'll post a review. I'm hoping they are not as flippy as UPS is making them sound. So far, he's the only one I've heard say that the productions are understable. If they are, then I probably wont be bagging them. I definitely don't need anything super fast and super flippy. Moderate high speed turn will be welcome. Anyway, I'll let everyone know what I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
The productions are not understable for me. I threw 3 types of testers when Steve came to Disc Nation - flippy, straight and stable.

The production run is stable at high and low speeds. If you roll it over it will turn, that's the case with every stable disc, but that doesn't make it understable just because it turns

It held up fine in a 15 mph headwind, flipping flat and finishing with a late fade. Its a really good reliable driver that excels at getting out of the hand fast and gliding forward. I've thrown other discs of similar speed that don't have near the control and glide the Lace has. I'd say it's one of the top 5 workhorse speed 12/13 discs on the market
I must have thrown a few oddballs then. They don't seem as fast as the protos either.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 93
Played my first ever, to my knowledge Vibram Only round the other day. Having the Lace made it possible. I shot about average for the course I played and in the end there were just a few shots where I was not confident and would have prefered another disc.

With that beign said, make something Predator Like and a Mobex and I'll be a happy camper. You might also have to make a super overstable Lace for my long overhead shots as well, I just didn't have to throw that shot during my all Vibram round.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
With that beign said, make something Predator Like and a Mobex and I'll be a happy camper. You might also have to make a super overstable Lace for my long overhead shots as well, I just didn't have to throw that shot during my all Vibram round.
Mobex, Speed 9ish overstable (I'd prefer more firebird like, but Predator like would be fine), Speed 9ish understable, and the understable version of the lace (and possibly an overstable counterpart as well?)...Add those to the current Vibram line up and you've got an all Vibram bag that can cover every shot on the course for any player. And Vibram would get a lot more of my money (they've already gotten a bunch and no matter what, they're definitely gonna get more haha)!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Mobex, Speed 9ish overstable (I'd prefer more firebird like, but Predator like would be fine), Speed 9ish understable, and the understable version of the lace (and possibly an overstable counterpart as well?)...Add those to the current Vibram line up and you've got an all Vibram bag that can cover every shot on the course for any player. And Vibram would get a lot more of my money (they've already gotten a bunch and no matter what, they're definitely gonna get more haha)!
Mobex?? Ha nice! I could use one of those. Something beefy like a Drone/Gator. Totally agree on the Firebird too. Overstable Lace (Ape/Nuke OS) would be sweet as would a flippy Lace for rollers and anhyzer bombs.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Vibram should alter their trademark logo mold to be a predetermined space for a flight light / beeper powered by a kinetic energy converter so that upon landing (or hitting a few trees) it lights up and beeps.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
Mobex?? Ha nice! I could use one of those. Something beefy like a Drone/Gator.
We should all just start chanting "MO-BEX, MO-BEX, MO-BEX, MO-BEX" until it hits the shelves.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 86
I agree with this 100% it only turned when I tried putting WAY to much on it and rolling my wrist over. When I throw it like a normal person I had consistent flight, and fade. I'm really impressed with the glide. Threw an easy 420' bomb over the weekend in a 8-10 mph wind. It's surprisingly not as stable as you would think for it being as fast as it is. Really looking forward to thrower this disc more. It's still WAY to much for me, and I realize that, but it's workable and it will have it's usage. Didn't FH it to much, when I tried I turned it over, but again that was me trying to do to much! Like stated before the Lace, does power down really well too, and with the medium X-Link there really isn't to much skip once it makes contact. Kudos to Steve and Vibram disc golf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post

Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 91
Second round with the Lace this afternoon. I birdied a couple of holes that I usually par. #18 at Audubon is usually a par for me because you have to keep it under the trees and the grass is pretty thick, but the Lace never got over 15' high and easily made it to the basket. Long, low and (for me) stable distance. Hardly any skip makes them controllable! I was getting them out past 350' with easy, good form (60-70%). I don't have another disc that I can get out that far with that little power. Pretty excited now!

Vibram wish list: Along with the Vibram molds, I carry a XXX and Diamond that would be nice in their rubber.
Closed Thread