Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Magnet. But even though the sole and magnet have the same wing, the sole is MUCH more stable.
This is true. For putts up to maybe 35 ft. I can't tell a difference between the two, but when I'm throwing, the Sole is completely unflippable for me. They are extremely high speed stable. I use a medium sole for my main upshot/driving putter lately.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
This is true. For putts up to maybe 35 ft. I can't tell a difference between the two, but when I'm throwing, the Sole is completely unflippable for me. They are extremely high speed stable. I use a medium sole for my main upshot/driving putter lately.
In general Vibram is more HSS than other manufacturers. I am guessing it has something to do with the rubber based material. If a Vibram disc does flip, it is much more predictable in my experience, but you have to count on that flip all the time. I made that mistake once in a tournament and ended up OB. Should have thrown my Predator instaed. Make a Vibram Predator!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 218
I got some really nice flights out of my Lace today. Threw them hard with a lot of hyzer and got them to fly straight for 380-400+ ft and then they broke and finished right for the final portion of their flight 35-50 ft. (I throw RHBH)
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I got some really nice flights out of my Lace today. Threw them hard with a lot of hyzer and got them to fly straight for 380-400+ ft and then they broke and finished right for the final portion of their flight 35-50 ft. (I throw RHBH)
Isn't it amazing what you can do with a Lace?!?! So much better than anything else I have thrown for distance.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 86
Thanks for that Dana, I know I don't have a cannon attached to me like you, but I was noticing the same thing with mine. Straight with great glide and a gentle consistent fade at the end. I was throwing a 169.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
I'm lucky if I can hit 325 so I don't think the Lace might fare too well with me
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Birdie Member

I totally dig the Laces I have (both 175 grams) because I can seriously HEAVE on them and they are still consistently nice and stable. Unlike my Star Destroyers though, the Lace has a nice little turn in the flight for me which adds even more to my D. I know I can get them out to 500' when it's warm out again here in the Midwest. Can't wait to see how the Firms stack up to the Mediums as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 20
It sounds like the ace is similar to your ape? Is that a safe assumption and if so, is it going to push the ape out of your bag. I use to love my ape untill I got my nukes. I just bought a 175 lace yesterday.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuku1 View Post
It sounds like the ace is similar to your ape? Is that a safe assumption and if so, is it going to push the ape out of your bag. I use to love my ape untill I got my nukes. I just bought a 175 lace yesterday.
That comparison seems a little off.

In general, the Lace has the speed of a speed 13 disc but it takes as much effort to get up to speed as a speed 9 disc. I think it makes it a great disc even for those who throw in the low 300's. Vibram will need to make a more overstable version at some point that will more closely resemble an Ape or Nuke OS.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
So, after getting some Vibram discs in trades/buys, etc., I'm really wishing that I had tried them earlier.
I currently have bagged a VP, Summit, and an Obex.
I am curently field testing a Ridge and a Sole.
After all the talk @ the Lace, it seems that this will be the next "experiment" disc.
Thanks to all the folks that have posted the very useful information here!
Closed Thread