#3891  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
maansmit's Avatar
maansmit maansmit is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenfield, IN
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
It isn't very hard to have someone print up some shirts for you. The ones they already produced were done very well I might add. Mr. Dodge, make sure you get the same shirts as you did last time, they were quality.

Now as for stuff beyond shirts for us to wear and help advertise, I would much rather see the discs first. I am holding out hope that they will produce a bag sole that will improve the quality of disc golf bags.
A bag with a Vibram rubber bottom would be pretty outstanding.
  #3892  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM
MrFixIt's Avatar
MrFixIt MrFixIt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JAWJUH
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
A bag with a Vibram rubber bottom would be pretty outstanding.
Ooohhh!
  #3893  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The land of Gar... Tejas
Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 97
Posts: 3,051
More Lace follow up:

Initially, I was getting Destroyer like flight from my 169gm Lace. It has become dead straight after six rounds. I don't see any damage to the disc, I suppose hitting the ground quite a few times has made it the straighter, longer disc I hoped for when I bought it. Very happy.

My 173gm Lace arrived and I have played a couple of rounds with it. It was straighter than the 169 when new. It also is a little longer and will hit the correct angle for some skipping distance. (still not as much as plastic would skip). I like it better than the 169, which I didn't anticipate at all. I purchased it for higher winds, but I just "like it better" all around.

FYI, I can get them out to about 360-375 feet if I throw them low and flat with my best form. They fly over 300 feet on every throw.

If you throw 300 feet with your Ascent, Teebird, Striker, Eagle, Avenger etc... get one!
  #3894  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The land of Gar... Tejas
Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 97
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
A bag with a Vibram rubber bottom would be pretty outstanding.
  #3895  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 PM
yagerpdx yagerpdx is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: phoenix
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 2
Lace

Is the vibram Lace a wide lipped disc like the katana?
  #3896  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
More Lace follow up:

Initially, I was getting Destroyer like flight from my 169gm Lace. It has become dead straight after six rounds. I don't see any damage to the disc, I suppose hitting the ground quite a few times has made it the straighter, longer disc I hoped for when I bought it. Very happy.

My 173gm Lace arrived and I have played a couple of rounds with it. It was straighter than the 169 when new. It also is a little longer and will hit the correct angle for some skipping distance. (still not as much as plastic would skip). I like it better than the 169, which I didn't anticipate at all. I purchased it for higher winds, but I just "like it better" all around.

FYI, I can get them out to about 360-375 feet if I throw them low and flat with my best form. They fly over 300 feet on every throw.

If you throw 300 feet with your Ascent, Teebird, Striker, Eagle, Avenger etc... get one!
What if you throw 275?

JKLOL, the rim on that bird tells me I'm not ready. Looks like a fantastic disc for the strong-arm crowd though.

Love to try some Vibram rubber some day.
  #3897  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The land of Gar... Tejas
Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 97
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagerpdx View Post
Is the vibram Lace a wide lipped disc like the katana?
Yes it is.
  #3898  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The land of Gar... Tejas
Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 97
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
What if you throw 275?

JKLOL, the rim on that bird tells me I'm not ready. Looks like a fantastic disc for the strong-arm crowd though.

Love to try some Vibram rubber some day.
The Trak and Ascent are great drivers. As much as I like the Lace, I usually throw one of the fairway drivers. They are so easy to control.
  #3899  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
The Trak and Ascent are great drivers. As much as I like the Lace, I usually throw one of the fairway drivers. They are so easy to control.
I think trying out new discs is half the fun. I have my eye on an auction for a beautiful marble Ibex. I think that would be a good point of entry.
 

  #3900  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 AM
TalbotTrojan's Avatar
TalbotTrojan TalbotTrojan is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I think trying out new discs is half the fun. I have my eye on an auction for a beautiful marble Ibex. I think that would be a good point of entry.
Yes, the Ibex is an amazing disc.

I think the Lace has impressed me more than any other vibram disc in the first few weeks of owning it. Just saying.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.