Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm going to fill my bag with however many vibrams christmas money can buy me, haha
Old 12-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Will a 165 lace be about as US as a 170 esp Nuke or more stable like a z nuke or champ katana/
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
Will a 165 lace be about as US as a 170 esp Nuke or more stable like a z nuke or champ katana/
It's hard to say. I'd say somewhere in the middle of those. Nukes and Katanas seem inconsistent to me lately. I find my 168 Lace to flip pretty well with the right amount of hyzer, but it doesn't turn and burn like a Vulcan.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
It's hard to say. I'd say somewhere in the middle of those. Nukes and Katanas seem inconsistent to me lately. I find my 168 Lace to flip pretty well with the right amount of hyzer, but it doesn't turn and burn like a Vulcan.
Sounds perfect for me if its slight more stable than an esp nuke.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
I'm going to fill my bag with however many vibrams christmas money can buy me, haha
Welcome to my world!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 20
I can't believe that I got rid of my previous vibrams.. ascent, ridge, summit..

so it starts again however. I love my trak and ibex. Thinking of sole, lace, another ibex, maybe a vp
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
This exactly my experience with my 169 lace. It flips over, but it doesn't want to turn and burn. It flips over just enough to give it extra D and I find it to be a pretty controllable disc as a result.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
This exactly my experience with my 169 lace. It flips over, but it doesn't want to turn and burn. It flips over just enough to give it extra D and I find it to be a pretty controllable disc as a result.
That's odd...or rather, my disc is odd. I'm a pretty steady 375-400 foot thrower, and my 168 orange Lace is pretty stable, even overstable, and i've sent it off plenty of trees and hard landings (it was hyzering out on me pretty hard when I first got it). Vibram isn't known for it's inconsistency, so I'm wondering if it's me or the disc?

I've even tried to hyzer-flip it, and it goes about 200 feet on a crazy hyzer line and flips up, but only goes straight for another 50 feet before starting to fade. I've had much more success throwing it low and hard, or on bug, sweeping sky-high anny lines.

Any insight from the Lace throwers out there? (I just ordered I 167 Lace to see if it's also flippy...will be here next week)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
That's odd...or rather, my disc is odd. I'm a pretty steady 375-400 foot thrower, and my 168 orange Lace is pretty stable, even overstable, and i've sent it off plenty of trees and hard landings (it was hyzering out on me pretty hard when I first got it). Vibram isn't known for it's inconsistency, so I'm wondering if it's me or the disc?

I've even tried to hyzer-flip it, and it goes about 200 feet on a crazy hyzer line and flips up, but only goes straight for another 50 feet before starting to fade. I've had much more success throwing it low and hard, or on bug, sweeping sky-high anny lines.

Any insight from the Lace throwers out there? (I just ordered I 167 Lace to see if it's also flippy...will be here next week)
I'm not sure. Either you got a particularly stable/overstable one, the weight on it is wrong, or the rest of use are throwing with OAT. I guess all three are possible. I would bet the 167 should be flippier (is that a word?) for you.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
I'm not sure. Either you got a particularly stable/overstable one, the weight on it is wrong, or the rest of use are throwing with OAT. I guess all three are possible. I would bet the 167 should be flippier (is that a word?) for you.
Another possibility is you're throwing nose up with that disc for some reason. That will cause the disc to behave more stable/overstable.

I compared mine with my 170 VIP Sword and my 169 TP Sword. The VIP was the most stable, giving me virtually no turn and about 350' distance. The Lace was the next most stable, but still turned as I said, giving me 375-400'. The TP Sword is pretty beat and gave me a big turnover and about the same distance as the Lace.
Closed Thread