Old 12-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 58
I have taken my 169 lace out a few times now and I certainly wouldn't call it stable to over stable. When thrown backhand I get a nice straight flight out of it...forehand it is noticeably less stable than my z nukes. When thrown correctly forehand I bombed it but I have had it turn and burn several times too. Also, backhand it could not handle a strong headwind...turned roller very quickly. I like it so far...just have to get even more familiar with it.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
or the rest of use are throwing with OAT. I guess all three are possible. I would bet the 167 should be flippier (is that a word?) for you.
I highly doubt that's the case. If anyone is throwing with OAT, it's me. I'm thinking it's my form. I weighed it myself, and it's 169.4g, so the weights not wrong. I should also add that I did try forehanding it (used to be a primarily forehand driver myself) and it did have much more tendency to turn and burn...probably on about 4/10ths of the throws I made with it. So I guess maybe my backhand is just whack. Probably the aforementioned nose-up issue, I would think.

I don't usually go for flippier drivers, but I've been getting some awesome true golf shots for distance with my VIP Air King, and that thing is crazy fliptastic. I need to go back to the drawing board with this...think I'll make a video and post it up in the Form Critique thread.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
That's odd...or rather, my disc is odd. I'm a pretty steady 375-400 foot thrower, and my 168 orange Lace is pretty stable, even overstable, and i've sent it off plenty of trees and hard landings (it was hyzering out on me pretty hard when I first got it). Vibram isn't known for it's inconsistency, so I'm wondering if it's me or the disc?

I've even tried to hyzer-flip it, and it goes about 200 feet on a crazy hyzer line and flips up, but only goes straight for another 50 feet before starting to fade. I've had much more success throwing it low and hard, or on bug, sweeping sky-high anny lines.

Any insight from the Lace throwers out there? (I just ordered I 167 Lace to see if it's also flippy...will be here next week)
I think you're doing it right. I'm about a 425-450' thrower, and these flip some for me, but they are pretty dang stable, especially at less than full power. Your Lace sounds about in line with the 3 that I've thrown.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
I think you're doing it right. I'm about a 425-450' thrower, and these flip some for me, but they are pretty dang stable, especially at less than full power. Your Lace sounds about in line with the 3 that I've thrown.
I was just wondering, because from everyone else who is throwing them, the weights under 170g seem to be much more flippy. I have the power and the D to get the potential out of this disc (aside from my Air Kings, I'm throwing it the farthest of my drivers by a good 30-50 feet on average) but I was more concerned if it was me or the disc.

Like I said, I think I'll migrate over to the form thread and see what they have to say. Follow up forthcoming.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 101
I have only managed to throw mine once and it was pretty windy and only about 40 degrees out so I couldn't get a great feel for them, but my 175 red proto is less stable than the 169 first run that I have, so your findings are pretty similar to my initial tests... They are definitely stable. I still love the initial flights out of mine, but I need to throw them more to know which disc they will push out of my bag.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
A few of my lighter ones have a larger dome (pop top) than the heavies....This is where you might see a little variation in flights?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Andy, remember that you are playing at elevation in Colorado. If I throw my 167g Lace flat with no headwind, it will not flip at all here in Colroado.

On another note, I took a 3 the other day on hole 5 at Colorado Heights (800' hole with little to no elevation change) the other day throwing my Lace twice and making a putt from pin high. That is two easy 400' throws with the Lace having to hit a line. This disc is amazing.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.1
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Totally agree with this. There are so many things I want from Vibram; Fusion, regular production super firms, readily available apparel, a disc golf specific shoe, a bag, etc. But as long as they continue to fill in their lineup with solid discs, none of that matters.

Disc wise, I'm personally waiting for an extremely overstable control driver (firebird-esque), very understable control driver (think a Summit in driver form), Mobex (rubber Gator), and a production run of the flippy Lace Proto.
Noted.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
If anyone is looking for some Vibram gear; I've got a hat, vest and shirt for sale over in the marketplace!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM

The first run laces are already flippy, best disc for 400+ anny shots, they have insane glide!!
Closed Thread