Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Noted.
I am so intrigued now. Which one of those discs is going to get produced? All of them? What's next for Vibram? You've got me all excited now!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
I am so intrigued now. Which one of those discs is going to get produced? All of them? What's next for Vibram? You've got me all excited now!
I agree! I would be SO down for a Vibram Drone-type disc as well as the other things that were mentioned...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah, I love the core of my bag (all Vibram) and would love to always have an all Vibram bag, because Vibram discs have the best grip ever, no matter what the weather is like. But certain discs keep finding their way in and out of my bag; Gator, River, and Monster mainly. A Mobex, a very understable control driver, and very overstable control driver would round out my bag so nicely!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Yeah, I love the core of my bag (all Vibram) and would love to always have an all Vibram bag, because Vibram discs have the best grip ever, no matter what the weather is like. But certain discs keep finding their way in and out of my bag; Gator, River, and Monster mainly. A Mobex, a very understable control driver, and very overstable control driver would round out my bag so nicely!
I feel like we have been saying this for at least half of this thread. Patience is a virtue. Steve Dodge listens!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I feel like we have been saying this for at least half of this thread. Patience is a virtue. Steve Dodge listens!
Do you have any idea how tough it is to be patient for the next big thing from Vibram?!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Very much agree! I have called the last two Vibram discs by the way. I said after the Ibex came out that they should produce a stable version of the Ibex and then a distance driver. Aka Obex and Lace. The third disc I said they should produce is a Firebird/Predator. Think there is a chance I go 3/3?

On a separate note....my favorite Vibram disc is probably one that maybe not a lot of people would say, especially for what I use it for. My fav Vibram disc is the Summit. I have 3 Summits right now and a 4th I'm trying to get back. 3 of these are Firms ranging from 173-175 grams and I also have a 175 g Medium. I do not putt with these discs. I DRIVE with them. I can get a Summit out past 300' pretty easily. I realize not everyone can throw a putter this far but goodness do these Summits do wonders for me. I use them for midrange drives. I don't really even use my Ibexes that much because I would much rather throw a Summit. Put a little hyzer on them and they flip up and fly straight as an arrow. Perfect for anhyzer shots as well and amazing for approach shots. The only thing you have to remember is to throw them with some height because they do not have a ton of glide being a putter. Over the past year or so now that I have been throwing them for drives I have birdied and aced more holes with them than with any other disc. If you have never driven with a putter, I would highly recommend learning! This is an area of my game that has really been getting me a lot of nice drives and approaches for easy birdies. Summitize!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

I love driving the Summit. It's easy to throw straight and also good for right turning shots (rhbh). It's great in a tailwind, as well as downhill. I don't know what it is, but I throw my Summit almost as far as my mids, so it covers my understable midrange duties.

As far as what will come next, that's a tough call. But Steve Dodge is very serious about filling in the "16 spot flight chart" (4 stabilities= very OS, OS, stable, US x 4 disc types= distance, fairway, midrange, putter). So there's 9 spots filled so far (all 4 putters, stable/over mid, stable/over fairway, and stable distance), leaving 7 spots left to fill (very OS/US mid, very OS/US fairway, very OS/OS/US distance).

I believe that the next disc will be the US distance, as the flippy Proto Lace would fill that role. A few tweaks to the mold and its ready for production. If it is NOT that disc, I agree with ThrowVibram that it will be the Very OS Fairway/Control driver, as this seems to be the most requested disc in this thread and in my opinion is the most glaring gap in the Vibram lineup. Personally though, I'd like the Understable fairway and the Mobex next, but I'm excited to try whatever comes next from Vibram!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Do you have any idea how tough it is to be patient for the next big thing from Vibram?!
The only Vibram disc I don't have in my bag is the Sole. With the Lace, I would say about half my shots are thrown with a Vibram disc. I am on this thread more than any other. I have learned that the more patient I am, the more Mr. Dodge listens.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
The only Vibram disc I don't have in my bag is the Sole. With the Lace, I would say about half my shots are thrown with a Vibram disc. I am on this thread more than any other. I have learned that the more patient I am, the more Mr. Dodge listens.
Yeah, the only Vibram mold I don't carry is the Sole and I'd say over 90% of my shots are with Vibram discs. So I'm perfectly happy with the current lineup and will patiently wait for the next disc from Vibram, because I know there's a reason for the wait; quality. However, speculation never hurt!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 AM
* Ace Member *

I just wanted to eat some popcorn with you while we wait.

Steve Dodge, make me then I will give you a

Quote:
Yeah, the only Vibram mold I don't carry is the Sole and I'd say over 90% of my shots are with Vibram discs. So I'm perfectly happy with the current lineup and will patiently wait for the next disc from Vibram, because I know there's a reason for the wait; quality. However, speculation never hurt!
Closed Thread