Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
Throwing Style: RHBH
I like all of this Summit talk!
I'm not lying when I say that when I throw the Summit, it turns heads. People are always asking about it after seeing me throw a crazy hyzer flip in the woods (or after seeing a monster left to right flight). I'm throwing an M, which I use for jump putts too.

Anyone throw one of the '12 VO Black/Reds? I've got one in and out of the bag and it seems to have more stability. I love watching that thing fly. It pairs up nicely with my broken in M.

As for the next disc, I'd like to see an overstable Lace or a Firebird type disc.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I like all of this Summit talk!
I'm not lying when I say that when I throw the Summit, it turns heads. People are always asking about it after seeing me throw a crazy hyzer flip in the woods (or after seeing a monster left to right flight). I'm throwing an M, which I use for jump putts too.

Anyone throw one of the '12 VO Black/Reds? I've got one in and out of the bag and it seems to have more stability. I love watching that thing fly. It pairs up nicely with my broken in M.

As for the next disc, I'd like to see an overstable Lace or a Firebird type disc.
I agree! My buddies call me a real man for throwing putters on holes where they grab a driver haha. For me though the Summit is a disc I have so much confidence in and I know exactly how it is going to fly so I can use it very effectively as a driver. It is pretty much my midrange disc as well. Both my 175 g Firm and 175 g Medium are both pretty stable so I can really hyzer flip bomb them out there.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Ha, had some pretty interesting(100% joking) words with Ross Brandt and our group today about some Vibram tees.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 26
very understable control driver (think a Summit in driver form)

Yes please.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempies View Post
very understable control driver (think a Summit in driver form)

Yes please.

Yes, this is the disc I really, really want from Vibram. The Mobex and very overstable control driver will be useful, but I LOVE understable discs... And I want Vibram to kick the River out of my bag!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Are you hinting at something or just trying to get the boss to listen to you. Though I agree with you that these discs are necessary along with the Mobex. Until Vibram can produce something Firebird/Predator like, there is no way for me to carry an all Vibram bag.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
^Yes, it's definitely the most glaring hole in their lineup. And Mr. Dodge pays attention, so I'm sure we will see it soon enough.

Any guesses as what the names for the missing discs will be? A few pages back, someone suggested Apex for the Very OS control driver and I really liked that. I like Ravine for the US control driver (giving us Apex, Ascent, Trak, and Ravine across the fairways, which I think are some good names). Steve himself mentioned Leather (on DGTR) as a possible name for a Lace counterpart (possibly joking though?). I think Leather would work for the OS distance driver. And I like Tread for the very OS distance driver and I don't really have an idea for the US driver that fits the "theme." As for the two missing mids; Ubex and Mobex.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Are you hinting at something or just trying to get the boss to listen to you. Though I agree with you that these discs are necessary along with the Mobex. Until Vibram can produce something Firebird/Predator like, there is no way for me to carry an all Vibram bag.
No hinting, just talkin. A beeeefy, overstable Lace is what I need for The Memorial.

I'd actually rather see an understable mid first than the Mobex. My bag has never really had a really overstable mid except for the Whippet every now and then. Right now I just use the VP or Firebird in that slot.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
No hinting, just talkin. A beeeefy, overstable Lace is what I need for The Memorial.

I'd actually rather see an understable mid first than the Mobex. My bag has never really had a really overstable mid except for the Whippet every now and then. Right now I just use the VP or Firebird in that slot.
I'm looking to get a couple Obexs and a backup VP for the memorial. Need something to stick so it won't skip into the water. Maybe a couple Ascents too.
Closed Thread