Disc Golf Store
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
It appears as though Mr. Dodge hasn't been on in a while, but I am reposting this becasue I am still very interested to hear what he has to say. Anyone else as interested as I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Hello Steve Dodge!

Yes, I have a question for you. I have now seen the official announcement of Prodigy Disc Golf and still do not have all the answers I was hoping to have, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on the new company and if it will have any impact on what Vibram is doing. I have been very impressed with how Vibram continues to make an impact on Disc Golf and hope to see more in the future from Vibram as far as making an impact on the professional game as well as growth of the sport overall.

So the questions are:

1. What are your first thoughts as far as Prodigy is concerned?

2. How will their new business model and desire to help the sport affect what Vibram is already doing?

3. What plans does Vibram have moving forward as far as Pro Tour Sponsorship and growth of the sport overall?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
How are the laces doing in hw's? I threw a 173 M the other day in a slight tail and it was really nice.
I threw my 173M Lace into a decent headwind(15-20mph) yesterday and it fought it so nice. I threw my ESP Nuke just to see how it compared and the Lace did a much better job at fighting the wind. The Lace flipped a little but then still had a little bit of reliable fade at the end, where my Nuke flipped and didn't come back at the end.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
How are the laces doing in hw's? I threw a 173 M the other day in a slight tail and it was really nice.
I have a 167g and a 169g Lace and they fight headwind very nicely. Not as well as some of my OS stuff, but it didn't turn and burn on me.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
It appears as though Mr. Dodge hasn't been on in a while, but I am reposting this becasue I am still very interested to hear what he has to say. Anyone else as interested as I am?
Did you see this yet
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/grow-the-sport.html
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
Thanks Broady and Capt Jack. I don't need a massively overstable mid. I'm looking for a Wasp that isn't in Z plastic and likes to bounce off trees and keep going.

Carry on...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Thanks Broady and Capt Jack. I don't need a massively overstable mid. I'm looking for a Wasp that isn't in Z plastic and likes to bounce off trees and keep going.

Carry on...
That would be perfect for me as well. Although I have a stack of Wasps at home that I have recently acquired.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Bogey Member

Just ordered a 160g Lace from Justin. Can't wait to finally give it a try.

I have a 159g Trak thats been my go to disc for a while now, and im hoping the Lace will be similar to it just with more distance.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
I just breezed through it and want to go read more but things need to get done around the house. In general I tend to agree with what Mr. Dodge is saying, but I expected that to be the case. When I see Prodigy or some of these other companies get this kind of sense into their heads I think we will be moving forward.

I tried Vibram becasue a local pro started throwing Vibram and throwing it well.

I became stuck on Vibram when I noticed how well my putts were sticking to the chains.

I decided Vibram was the best disc golf company when they began to step up in sponsorship with a passion for growing the sport.

I will stay a Vibram guy because Mr. Dodge and those whom work with him are some really smart people who continue to make quality products and and support the sport in general and not just their own interests.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm thinking about getting a light lace but I need a couple more opinions about it

Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDriveBadPutt View Post
159 Lace
168 Ascent
169 Trak
172 Obex
179 Ibex
174 VP