Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Does your Trak have a dome at all or is it flat?
Its pretty flat but I don't have another to compare it to.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 5
bought my first vibram today, got the ibex! pretty excited to use it
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
As for the next disc. I'm not quite sure honestly. They (Steve/Vibram) ask for ideas and input, I believe the Sole was born at the request of the team?

As a player with some power, I look forward to the over stable version of the Lace and hope to see that type of disc next.
This is good news. Plus it sounds like you are on my side with the need for the overstable stuff. Lets me honest, the three discs that I cannot take out of my bag right now are my Nuke OS, Predator and Gator. May even add the Force in there.

What I am really hoping for is that the Lace will have two discs more overstable than it kind of like we all expect the Ibex to have with the Obex and hopefully Mobex. I would like a more understable Lace too. Even though the Lace holds a line great, I want something that is going to flip and not come back when I throw it flat and high.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyzerBomb7 View Post
bought my first vibram today, got the ibex! pretty excited to use it
You'll be even more excited about how it flies for you. As Steve Dodge has said before, it is some type of magical wonder disc that holds any line you put it on. I am a Vibram fan boy , so I guess take this with a grain of salt: The Ibex is the disc that everyone claims the Discraft Buzz is, the best midrange and shapes more and better lines than any other.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
I've said this before but I had such high hopes for vibram. I have a trak and ascent. Both are completely garbage as far as what they are stated to do. I bag the trak cause I love it for >250 thumbers. It unthrowable otherwise. Flips worse than a beat and chewed up dx leopard. And my ascent does the most beautiful hyzer flips with a long right finish... I just wish that's what I bought it to do. Lol. Both my vibrams are essentially leopards that are rubber. I have 4 leopards bagged for leopard type shots. Just makes me sad to have rubber that has let me down.

I do just fing love my trak for thumbers tho it's like a homing missile to the basket. My ascent sure looks nice on my wall.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
That's odd. The only Leopard like Trak I have is a fairly beat up 159g firm. Even my 162 medium is more stable than your typical Leopard. And as for your Ascent flying that understable, that's insane. I have a169g medium that I can crank on like a Teebird with more fade and a 175g that is Banshee beefy.

You either got some fluky Vibrams or you're a torque monkey

What weights and firmness are you throwing?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 80
I'm not surprised hearing that about the Trak. All of the Traks I've owned flip really easy for me when I throw them for distance. The Ascent though is usually pretty consistently overstable. I'm not saying your should throw forehand with it, but it has never turned and burned on me unless I'm throwing into a pretty good headwind.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
That's odd. The only Leopard like Trak I have is a fairly beat up 159g firm. Even my 162 medium is more stable than your typical Leopard. And as for your Ascent flying that understable, that's insane. I have a169g medium that I can crank on like a Teebird with more fade and a 175g that is Banshee beefy.

You either got some fluky Vibrams or you're a torque monkey

What weights and firmness are you throwing?
My trak is a 171, ascent 171. I throw my leopards 320- 330. Teebirds a little farther. And for distance I'm pretty consistantly at 400 with my saints or pd's. So I don't think I'm over torquing. Thrown flat my ascent does a hard RIGHT turn. With the most hyzer I can give it on a hyzer flip it'll go 310-320 with right turn from about 200 feet till it lands. In an of itself it's not a flight I don't like. I just don't like it for a disc I wanted to be stable.

The trak well like I said its unthrowable, but it won't ever leave my bag cause its just bangin for thumbers.

In no way am I bashing Vibram at all. I love the grip of them, I plan on getting a lace when I order discs again. Love my vibram soles on my Whites and Merrills. Just wish my discs were what they were labeled to be.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
My trak is a 171, ascent 171. I throw my leopards 320- 330. Teebirds a little farther. And for distance I'm pretty consistantly at 400 with my saints or pd's. So I don't think I'm over torquing. Thrown flat my ascent does a hard RIGHT turn. With the most hyzer I can give it on a hyzer flip it'll go 310-320 with right turn from about 200 feet till it lands. In an of itself it's not a flight I don't like. I just don't like it for a disc I wanted to be stable.

The trak well like I said its unthrowable, but it won't ever leave my bag cause its just bangin for thumbers.

In no way am I bashing Vibram at all. I love the grip of them, I plan on getting a lace when I order discs again. Love my vibram soles on my Whites and Merrills. Just wish my discs were what they were labeled to be.
I have a flippy Trak and a pretty stable Trak that flies more like an Ascent. I have had about 4 Traks now and I would agree they are pretty flippy! But that does not mean they are unthrowable. If they flip for you, upgrade to an Ascent for more stability. Or, use them for big anhyzer bombs or hyzer-flip standstill shots. It's all about how you use a disc. Some are not designed to be as stable as others. You sound like a pretty strong thrower so you have to take that into consideration. If you need a stable bomb then grab an Ascent or Lace.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
I have a flippy Trak and a pretty stable Trak that flies more like an Ascent. I have had about 4 Traks now and I would agree they are pretty flippy! But that does not mean they are unthrowable. If they flip for you, upgrade to an Ascent for more stability. Or, use them for big anhyzer bombs or hyzer-flip standstill shots. It's all about how you use a disc. Some are not designed to be as stable as others. You sound like a pretty strong thrower so you have to take that into consideration. If you need a stable bomb then grab an Ascent or Lace.
Did you even read my post. My ascent is super flippy. My trak is actually unthrowable. Back hand it hits the ground at about 150 and then skids to about 175. I'm not joking when I say unthrowable.
Closed Thread