Disc Golf Store
Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
That did come off bad. I apologize. But it really is unthrowable. I do feild work 3 days a week. I love to throw the vibrams just to try and get them to fly. That's how I found out my trak is wicked awesome at thumbers. They were the first two vibrams I ordered back in July. I've had a ton of patience with them. Idk if it was something in shipping or just a couple random bad discs. They in no way affect how I feel about vibram. Love the lace and sole.
Oh no worries man! Yeah that must be like Mamba flippy or something which in that case I am not surprised it's legendary for thumbers!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm back looking for a little more advice on my Obex. I went out yesterday and played another round with it. This time, there was snow on the ground and it was about 19F outside. All of my discs were noticeably stiffer than usual, including the x-link. When throwing it yesterday, I actually had some success and found it to be more stable than the previous outing.

Are x-link firm discs more consistent (or stable) than regular medium discs?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
Throwing Style: RHBH
I thought that my F Obex were more overstable than my M's...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Yeah I've never much cared for the Sole, not that it's not a good disc. I like how the other three feel in my hand and like that they aren't super glidey (although a seasoned Summit has a very nice glide). So I'm glad there's a more traditional style Vibram putter for those who want it, but what attracts me to the other Vibram putters is the fact that they aren't traditional.
You are making me feel good about buying a Sole

I bought one that caught my eye for its beauty, when what I was shopping for was a Summit.

Threw it one round and liked it quite a lot tho. Still gonna grab me a Summit, probably at the Birdie Bash.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Vibram is more worried about quality of character than quality of play in the people they sponsor. Not that Dana or any of the sponsored Vibram players are bad by any stretch of the imagination! They just also happen to be awesome people!
I completely agree with you on this. I've met Dana briefly at worlds this past year and I see Mitch all the time here as we are both members of the same local club. Really solid people on team Vibram. I really do hope that Dana or Mitch can pull a big surprise this year and win worlds.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogroat View Post
I'm back looking for a little more advice on my Obex. I went out yesterday and played another round with it. This time, there was snow on the ground and it was about 19F outside. All of my discs were noticeably stiffer than usual, including the x-link. When throwing it yesterday, I actually had some success and found it to be more stable than the previous outing.

Are x-link firm discs more consistent (or stable) than regular medium discs?
Common thought used to be that Mediums were the most stable but as Dana pointed out, that might be changing. I am still a fan of Medium in any weather.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Birdie Member

For me it really depends on the disc. I have 4 Summits in my bag. 3 are Firms (175, 175, & 173 g) and 1 is Medium (175 g). The Medium and one of the Firm 175s are pretty stable for Summits. I drive with these. The other 175 Firm is really understable. The 173 Firm is right in between the 175ers. So it's kind of interesting. I like the variance though because I use each disc for different shots. It's just like using a worn in disc compared to a new disc. So I guess my point is I wouldn't necessarily say Medium or Firm are more stable. It just depends.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.1
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafeston View Post
I added a Trak to my Vibram stable! It's a 168 Medium and I've only gotten a few throws with it so far. I need to go out with all my new Vibrams and play a couple rounds to really get a few for them. Anyway, here's the new disc!

Also I didn't notice it until after throwing it a few times, but it seems to have an imperfection. At first I thought it must have come from me hitting something...tree, rock, etc. But after examining it I don't see any puncture wound...just looks like a bubble in rubber. Has anyone else received a disc like this?

Please email me these pictures. This is a defect. steven.dodge@vibramusa.com
Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
So with MVP releasing yet another new disc, has anyone heard any rumors about what we can expect to see from Steven Dodge and Vibram Disc Golf as far as a next disc release?

Will we get our understable Lace? Or perhaps it will be a Mobex or Ubex? I'm curious if anyone has any new information that they may have heard over the last week or two.
Insert cricket noises here.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I've never seen it and I've probably handled more Vibram than most. My guess is that it got past QC and that it shouldn't mess with the flight too much.

As for the next disc. I'm not quite sure honestly. They (Steve/Vibram) ask for ideas and input, I believe the Sole was born at the request of the team?

As a player with some power, I look forward to the over stable version of the Lace and hope to see that type of disc next.
As a player with some power ... Are you talking arm speed, or decision making! :-)

We've just completed the redo on some of our player pages. Here is Dana's new layout: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/dana-vicich.html
Closed Thread