Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Congrats, Hulk. I've had 2 Vibram aces. Both with medium X-Link Summits.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Eagle Member

So I flattened a sole to simulate the broken in feel, plus I hate the dome, but this thing feels awesome now. Kinda like a broke in beadless yeti but a bit beefier. Haven't gotten to drive with it but compared to my other one on putts it gets to the basket faster. Same glide so far.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Nice! I am still waiting for my first Vibram Ace. I can feel it coming.
Me, too. I have had quite a few chain-outs with my Ibex, but so far none have stuck with any of my Vibrams. It's only a matter of time until I get mine.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 215
Obex performed very well for me in the wind this past weekend. Can't wait for a rubber Firebird/Pred type Vibram!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Obex performed very well for me in the wind this past weekend. Can't wait for a rubber Firebird/Pred type Vibram!
Now you've got me thinking that's what we can expect next! Awesome!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Glad you are on the Firebird/Predator from Vibram party train! I am not even going to take a guess as to the first time it was suggested in this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the first pages.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Haha, an overstable control driver is definitely a must for those of us living in the flat, windy Midwest. Although I do have one beefy, Banshee-esque 175g Ascent I've been loving on windy days.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 AM

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 6
New to the game (about a month and a half in) and I am giving Vibram a go...I ordered an X-Line Lace and can't wait to try it. I am looking for a driver that will work with my form (which still needs tweaks) and will work with my strength. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 13
The Lace is a wonderful disc, but if your form is a little wonky, I'd really recommend looking into a Trak. It's fast and long for a fairway, has a similar type of flight to a Lace, is easy to control, and won't hide form flaws/exacerbate the problem like a high speed driver might.

That being said though, I am relatively noodle armed and have been known to catch of the OATs, but I love the Lace. It's the only driver over speed 10/11 that feels good in my hand and gives me good, natural flight path. And really, you can never go wrong picking up any Vibram disc! Enjoy the Lace!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
The Lace is a wonderful disc, but if your form is a little wonky, I'd really recommend looking into a Trak. It's fast and long for a fairway, has a similar type of flight to a Lace, is easy to control, and won't hide form flaws/exacerbate the problem like a high speed driver might.

That being said though, I am relatively noodle armed and have been known to catch of the OATs, but I love the Lace. It's the only driver over speed 10/11 that feels good in my hand and gives me good, natural flight path. And really, you can never go wrong picking up any Vibram disc! Enjoy the Lace!
Agreed. Then again Bro and myself are probably the two biggest Vibram supporters on this site other than Steve Dodge and the guys who are on Team Vibram. The Lace is a great disc, but I have no idea how it will work for someone that is still learning things. It may end up being a disc for you to grow into. The Trak is one of the most amazing fairway discs every. And it still goes forever. I still think Vibram's strongest point is the putters. Take a look at the putters before you write Vibram off, if that is the direction you go. I highly doubt that will happen but I do know some people are not in love with Vibram (all the more for me, mu ha ha! j/k).
Closed Thread