Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Agreed. Then again Bro and myself are probably the two biggest Vibram supporters on this site other than Steve Dodge and the guys who are on Team Vibram. The Lace is a great disc, but I have no idea how it will work for someone that is still learning things. It may end up being a disc for you to grow into. The Trak is one of the most amazing fairway discs every. And it still goes forever. I still think Vibram's strongest point is the putters. Take a look at the putters before you write Vibram off, if that is the direction you go. I highly doubt that will happen but I do know some people are not in love with Vibram (all the more for me, mu ha ha! j/k).
I agree about looking at their putters also. It seems to me that that is where people usually get turned on to Vibram.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram.

there is a birdie bash coming here soon. I think i am gonna go ridge and obex.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Now you've got me thinking that's what we can expect next! Awesome!
I'm totally with Kutz and Dana on this one!! If it's the next disc out from Vibram I'm going to be doing a happy dance for weeks!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram...
I'd agree with that. I loved the Ridge and VP. I really didn't like the Ascent or Trak at all. Then I loved the Sole as well as the Obex. Then again, I'm not a big fairway driver guy.

I still throw nothing but X-Link on wooded holes.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 22
I haven't ever found one that felt good in person that would warrant me actually buying anything vibram
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram.

there is a birdie bash coming here soon. I think i am gonna go ridge and obex.
vp and obex is where it's at for the birdie bash. i've been using the ridge instead of the wizard lately and like it better because the grip is a touch more shallow, feels more comfortable in the hands. i'm gonna throw the vp over the ridge though in the birdie bash because the course i'm hosting it at is mainly hyzer shots and when i need something that finishes right i can toss either on a forehand. the obex is becoming one of my favorite discs, you can work a ton of lines with it.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Agreed. Then again Bro and myself are probably the two biggest Vibram supporters on this site other than Steve Dodge and the guys who are on Team Vibram. The Lace is a great disc, but I have no idea how it will work for someone that is still learning things. It may end up being a disc for you to grow into. The Trak is one of the most amazing fairway discs every. And it still goes forever. I still think Vibram's strongest point is the putters. Take a look at the putters before you write Vibram off, if that is the direction you go. I highly doubt that will happen but I do know some people are not in love with Vibram (all the more for me, mu ha ha! j/k).

Honestly, my buddy who DGs in Mass told me about the Vibrams and how durable and awesome his were, then I saw the factory tour video on youtube and it totally sucked me in and gave me a completely new appreciation for how these discs come to be. I'll definitely take your suggestions on the Trak!!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree721 View Post
Honestly, my buddy who DGs in Mass told me about the Vibrams and how durable and awesome his were, then I saw the factory tour video on youtube and it totally sucked me in and gave me a completely new appreciation for how these discs come to be. I'll definitely take your suggestions on the Trak!!
Make sure to see if you can feel a few different Traks and look at them before you buy. In my experience, if the Trak is flat, it is slightly understable, but if it has some dome to it, it flies very much like a Teebird.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 25
I started off with the Ibex about 2 years ago, then moved on to the Trak and Summit. Now I only carry Vibram and love the damn things. They fly consistently and can take a serious beating ... and I hit just about every tree on every course I play because I'm that good damn-it! I walk around doing this all day

In fact I'm waiting for an order to land on my doorstep in the next couple of days, so thanks go out to Justin!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Hearing all these Vibram stories reminds me of the good ole days.

I bought a VP because I had heard some great things about Vibram. A few month later I got a Summit, Ridge and a first run Ascent. I got a modified Ascent (the first attempt at the Trak) for winning an online contest. Then picked up an Ibex and Sole shortly after they came out. The Sole was disappointing after going through putter testing that off season. The Summit won the competition and so I went out and bought another Summit along with my first Trak. This past year I picked up the Obex in the Spring and The Lace on Black friday. Really the only Vibram disc not in my bag is the Sole. I have also begun picking up backups. I think that is pretty much my Vibram story. I can't wait for the Firebird/Predator from Vibram coming out next.
Closed Thread