#4421  
Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
Plastic Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarwig View Post
i am frothing for the xlink firm Laces,

anyone know when they are full production?
XL-Firm Laces start shipping from Vibram on March 5th.
  #4422  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Dan H.'s Avatar
Dan H. Dan H. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 80
Posts: 477
Firm? Blech. I want SOFT Laces. YYYYYEEAAAHH!!
  #4423  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 AM
TalbotTrojan's Avatar
TalbotTrojan TalbotTrojan is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Chuck Norris putter throws you if you are about to throw it badly. Don't even get me started on what it does to baskets.
Would that count as a foot fault?

I just need to figure out how to dye CN on my VPs now.
  #4424  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Dupree721 Dupree721 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 23
Hey guys, Finally got out with my Lace this week and it was freaking cold outside! The rubber really helped with my grip but I still need to tweak my form with distance drivers. I decided to pick up a Vibram Ibex and first of all, it is absolutely beautiful. Mostly blue with red and grey tied in. I have a question though, where the Ibex and Vibram stamps are, there are lumps right underneath the disc on the other side. I attached a pic, but I was just curious..are they all like this or did I get a weird one?

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VibramIbex.jpg (102.6 KB, 50 views)
  #4425  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
dehaas dehaas is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lebanon, IL
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,354
they're all like that. the ridge, vp, and summit also have them in the middle underneath the vibram logo. i'd guess they need it to keep it from ripping out of the disc since there is a groove all the way around the logo.
  #4426  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Dupree721 Dupree721 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
they're all like that. the ridge, vp, and summit also have them in the middle underneath the vibram logo. i'd guess they need it to keep it from ripping out of the disc since there is a groove all the way around the logo.
Okay cool! Just making sure it was that way across the line. Thanks for the answer!
  #4427  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 AM
TalbotTrojan's Avatar
TalbotTrojan TalbotTrojan is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree721 View Post
Okay cool! Just making sure it was that way across the line. Thanks for the answer!
Yeah, the Lace has a wide enough rim that it is not in need of the extra material underneath. I find that this extra material can actually be user to help my grip. I especially like the origional putter for turbo putting because you can get a bit of an extra grip from the extra material in the middle.
  #4428  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Hlasianguy06 Hlasianguy06 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horn Lake, Mississipi/Memphis, TN
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Yeah, the Lace has a wide enough rim that it is not in need of the extra material underneath. I find that this extra material can actually be user to help my grip. I especially like the origional putter for turbo putting because you can get a bit of an extra grip from the extra material in the middle.
Same thing I used it for lol.
  #4429  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,662
Tried another Ibex in X-Link medium yesterday - what a disc! They really fly like a fairway driver for me, great glide, straight. Love the grippiness of the rubber on a crisp winter day. This is gonna be my money disc.
 
  

  #4430  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM
TalbotTrojan's Avatar
TalbotTrojan TalbotTrojan is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Tried another Ibex in X-Link medium yesterday - what a disc! They really fly like a fairway driver for me, great glide, straight. Love the grippiness of the rubber on a crisp winter day. This is gonna be my money disc.
I really do like the Ibex. I have found it is really great for putting it on a line and just watching it stay there the whole time.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.