Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
I personally like my mids near max weight. I like using it for shots that go out straight and need a steady fade at the end of the flight. I have found that it fights winds very well, and it is good for hyzers. like claimed, it has good glide for an overstable mid range.
My main mid right now is a 166 Z Buzzz, but most other stuff I throw is 175 or pretty close to there. Probably going to replace my 177 Roc (R-Pro plastic, serviceable but I'd like an upgrade) with an Ibex. How bout softness? Medium or Firm?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDarkHorse View Post
My main mid right now is a 166 Z Buzzz, but most other stuff I throw is 175 or pretty close to there. Probably going to replace my 177 Roc (R-Pro plastic, serviceable but I'd like an upgrade) with an Ibex. How bout softness? Medium or Firm?
The firm will beat in slightly quicker as well as skip a bit more. Medium has slightly more grip and durability. I personally prefer medium for all weather situations. If it gets really cold, I like some in the soft blend as they are even less prone to skips. If you just get one, I would say go for a medium.

If you are interested in getting a couple Vibram discs, go to communitydiscs.com. Justin is running a sale for the month of February on "Fugly" Vibram discs (buy two get one free). He has amazing prices and unsurpassed customer service. If you do go there, just make sure to click on the "Fugly Vibrams" link on the home page to be taken to the discs that are on sale.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
I think Boise is getting a Birdie Bash (Thanks to DiscVoog) at the end of March. I have never thrown any Vibram disc, but I am very excited to participate. You can not beat $25 for 2 discs and a shirt. If anything else I can probably sell/trade on here for somethin I'd throw. Hoping to get a VP out of it, cause I've heard amazing things about that disc but haven't felt the need to spend ~$17 on a disc I may not like/use more than a few times.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
I sense that there are a lot of Vibram skeptics out there right now.

Vibram makes discs that are generally more consistent in the wind than any other manufacturer.
The VP is more overstable, but will act more like a Ridge with OAT.
The Ridge acts like a Summit with OAT.
The Ibex flies ridiculously straight, unless you put OAT on it, or throw it into a stiff headwind.
Even my Obex will flip when you throw it into a headwind, which is why I am waiting for the Mobex.
That and the Mofwy.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 1
Laced it
Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Bogey Member

Is there talk on a new vibram mid?....not that the ibex and obex arent sufficient. If they did it would be cool to have a vibram meteor or fuse like disc... something that can hold an anny forever or turn over when thrown straight.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I sense that there are a lot of Vibram skeptics out there right now.

Vibram makes discs that are generally more consistent in the wind than any other manufacturer.
The VP is more overstable, but will act more like a Ridge with OAT.
The Ridge acts like a Summit with OAT.
The Ibex flies ridiculously straight, unless you put OAT on it, or throw it into a stiff headwind.
Even my Obex will flip when you throw it into a headwind, which is why I am waiting for the Mobex.
That and the Mofwy.
I am no skeptic, I'm in the transition to a much as I can vibram bag. The lace won the max D spot, the accent and track are flawless.... But the ibex didn't take the buzz out. My TI buzz is just too money, but I really wish it had the grip of a vibram. Any as for as putters go, Wizards can not be beat, only matched. Loving the vibram though!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
I think Boise is getting a Birdie Bash (Thanks to DiscVoog) at the end of March. I have never thrown any Vibram disc, but I am very excited to participate. You can not beat $25 for 2 discs and a shirt. If anything else I can probably sell/trade on here for somethin I'd throw. Hoping to get a VP out of it, cause I've heard amazing things about that disc but haven't felt the need to spend ~$17 on a disc I may not like/use more than a few times.
For the Birdie Bash, you get to pick the discs you want. Any putter, and any mid/driver.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcloutier View Post
Is there talk on a new vibram mid?....not that the ibex and obex arent sufficient. If they did it would be cool to have a vibram meteor or fuse like disc... something that can hold an anny forever or turn over when thrown straight.
As Steve said earlier on this thread, Vibram is going to put out 2 more mids in the future: a Ubex (understable Ibex) and Mobex (massively overstable Obex).

Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
The firm will beat in slightly quicker as well as skip a bit more. Medium has slightly more grip and durability. I personally prefer medium for all weather situations. If it gets really cold, I like some in the soft blend as they are even less prone to skips. If you just get one, I would say go for a medium.

If you are interested in getting a couple Vibram discs, go to communitydiscs.com. Justin is running a sale for the month of February on "Fugly" Vibram discs (buy two get one free). He has amazing prices and unsurpassed customer service. If you do go there, just make sure to click on the "Fugly Vibrams" link on the home page to be taken to the discs that are on sale.
I'm in Texas, so weather isn't much of an issue. We're in the middle of February and it's mostly in the 60's and 70's right now with a light breeze.

I'm still a little undecided on firmness and weight. I'm expecting a 171 M Ridge, and a 178 M Obex, so I'll see how that goes.
Closed Thread