Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 24
X link is just not translucent enough to work with a glow additive.
At least not within the limits of acceptable radioactivity.
Maybe you could talk some Ruskies into making something up with thier illegal stashes of tritium, but , are you willing to give up ever having children for a glow Ridge ?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 04:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
X link is just not translucent enough to work with a glow additive.
At least not within the limits of acceptable radioactivity.
Maybe you could talk some Ruskies into making something up with thier illegal stashes of tritium, but , are you willing to give up ever having children for a glow Ridge ?
Ha. Thanks for making me laugh.

Dana, you are starting to sound more and more like Mr. Dodge with your comments to our requests. Is that like a manditory training when you are on Team Vibram? I love the comments and how they keep us guessing and off the path that is most likely right, well at least until Mr. Dodge posts a contest on Facebook. I rather enjoy keeping us all guessing in the dark.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
Ok played today in 25+ mph winds. The vp earned a spot if only for windy days. Love the ridge but the vp saved the day. Best round I've ever played
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 101
Vibram Ace!!!!!

Today while playing a game of Wolf at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD I let loose an Ibex into a 5-10mph headwind and watched it float right into the basket for my second career ace and first Vibram Ace!!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
Ok played today in 25+ mph winds. The vp earned a spot if only for windy days. Love the ridge but the vp saved the day. Best round I've ever played
Playing in Texas, where we frequently have windy days has made the VP the Vibram putter of choice for me. I carry a Summit for downwind and powered down shots too. I seldom use the Ridge anymore, but it is a "happy medium" if you only want to carry one putter.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Par Member

I have 2 ridges a puddle top and a flat one that's more stable. The puddle top doesn't have the same glide but is more shallow I am putting well with it.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
I'm pretty sure my love for the VP is well known, so I'm glad to see someone else enjoying it. I started using it the same way, for headwind situations. But then I fell in love with it's predictability and now I putt with VPs, drive with VPs (BH and FH), and approach with them... Easily the best approach disc on the market; slow, overstable, sticks to the ground, and the definition of predictable no matter what the wind is doing (VP/Chuck Norris: The VP doesn't beat the wind, the wind surrenders).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Today while playing a game of Wolf at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD I let loose an Ibex into a 5-10mph headwind and watched it float right into the basket for my second career ace and first Vibram Ace!!!!
Congratulations! An ace is always sweet, but it's even cooler (well at least in my mind), when it happens with rubber! I hit my second Vibram ace with an Ibex, a 164g soft to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Playing in Texas, where we frequently have windy days has made the VP the Vibram putter of choice for me. I carry a Summit for downwind and powered down shots too. I seldom use the Ridge anymore, but it is a "happy medium" if you only want to carry one putter.
I really believe in pairing discs in couplets and, by far, my favorite couplet is VP/Summit. As you said, they cover all wind situations. Plus, I can make them both go straight different ways (flex a VP, flip a summit), and they cover all sorts of good utility/recovery shots between them (VP: Hyzer spikes, flicks, upside down skip shots, flick rollers, thumbers/ Summit: Sky annys, BH rollers, no reachback approaches).

That being said, I still bag one Ridge for putter drives that I need to really crank on and go straight, it's HSS is just as good as the VPs and if you beat a firm up it just loses LSS, making it a laser beam.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Par Member

The vibrams I'm talking about throwing came from your sale thread Bro-d. Lie the summit just not the grip on that one. Wish I could trade for an obex or light firm ridge.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: LHFH
Just picked up a 166g x-link Lace. Played a round with it yesterday and did some field practice with it today.

Holy cow! This thing rips. My first vibram disc, but I'm in love. The grip, the durability (hulk smashed into several trees yesterday, not even a nick) and the flight...it goes and goes. Going to keep throwing it alongside my cannon and destroyers, I foresee it replacing the destroyers in my bag

Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 17
I love my Lace. I'm a little guy and the grip is great for my smaller hands. Definitely the easiest Long Distance driver I've thrown. I just played a pretty 4 and 5 par course this weekend and got to let the Lace rip several times. Love it!!
Closed Thread