Disc Golf Store
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
I have only really thrown the leopard a few times i have been mainly using the shark and aviar...trying to learn how to throw it straight got to watch some videos on you tube to try and help my throwing technique and not end up in the brush all the time
That's a good thing. If I was to suggest one disc for someone to start out with to learn how to throw well, it would be an X Comet.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 27
Any views on the Aero or Skeeter...ordered those two earlier today before posting this...kind of a quick two disc kit for my GF so we don't have to keep taking turns...I am sure i will be using them just as much as her. Plus wanted to get something different then what I had so we can experiment with them...ordered them from disc golf center cause of the cheap price and free shipping
Old 07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Any views on the Aero or Skeeter...ordered those two earlier today before posting this...kind of a quick two disc kit for my GF so we don't have to keep taking turns...I am sure i will be using them just as much as her. Plus wanted to get something different then what I had so we can experiment with them...ordered them from disc golf center cause of the cheap price and free shipping
Aeros vary depending on plastic. The Champ ones are/were great but they're OOP now. Very glidey, slow, finesse/touch disc that kind of straddled between being a putter and a really slow midrange. Haven't messed with Star ones but DX Aeros are very flippy extremely quickly.

Skeeters are awesome. The best kind are gummy, Star Skeeters IMO. They're very flippy and finesse oriented too but they're zippier, smaller, and more pleasant feeling in my hands. Great in tailwinds and for hyzer-flips.

Both should be very GF friendly enough.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 19
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10
Keep leopard and get havier 16? Stalker or teebird and learn to throw that. Also agree with heavier putter but those discs will teach you good form to start throwing it past me.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 27
Thanks for all the advice...think i might try out a different style putter as well not sure what though...
Also, i love disc golf center now i just got to wait for my order of my fade lite bag and the skeeter and aero