Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHFH
Default Is it so wrong?

I was playing Bradford Park, NC this last Sunday with 4 other friends. Every tee pad was full for the next 10 holes with ppl playing in between people waiting. Hole 3 a pair comes up to us. We have been waiting at the tee pad for about 5-7 minutes for the group in front of us to finish the hole. Once we started throwing our disc; the pair behind us yelled at us "since we aren't going to be nice"..... They will go figure it out and trotted to the next hole. (Which was also swamped with people)

Is it so bad that people assume that we didn't let them play through just because we have 5 and they have 2? We would have had to wait for them on this for that hole as well as every hold there after.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH

I would have let them play through, even if they weren't going to get too far

Always seems quicker when a two some is doing the waiting in front of you than a four of fivesome.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:23 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 122

No, not really. You don't have to let them play through even if you are the only group there besides them... If I were in a group of two coming up on you, I wouldn't even think to ask at a crowded course... if you were playing fast, I wouldn't think to ask either... if you are slow, then I would.

Asking implies that the answer could be no or yes. I'm guessing they asked... you never said they did or didn't.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHFH

They never asked; they sat behind us for maybe 20 seconds before the group ahead of us finally finished. (about 6 minutes we have been waiting)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3

They should have read the room a little better and been able to tell that you were waiting on someone who was waiting on someone and so on. you aren't wrong to not let them pass as it would just stack 2 more people in front of you. If I find myself in that situation I generally suggest we join since we will be together the rest of the round anyway. I have made some friends like that that I still regularly play.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by icereaper View Post
They never asked; they sat behind us for maybe 20 seconds before the group ahead of us finally finished. (about 6 minutes we have been waiting)
You should have at least acknowledged their presence and pointed out the crowded course situation (some people really don't notice). If they still asked to play through I would have let them go in a passive aggressive manner. I'd rather have another 5-some behind me than a couple of impatient jerks.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 89

Quote:
You should have at least acknowledged their presence and pointed out the crowded course situation (some people really don't notice). If they still asked to play through I would have let them go in a passive aggressive manner. I'd rather have another 5-some behind me than a couple of impatient jerks, then you can turn it around on them on an upcoming hole and moan when they are holding YOU up.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19

No problem...other than now having to add 2 more people ahead of you to play through. My solution when the course is that packed? Find another course or do some field work.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 54

Passive-aggressive people like that really irritate me: people that don't have the ability to ask for what they want but throw a comment over their shoulder when they don't get it.

If I were in the 2-some, yes I would want to play through even though I would have another group to play through ahead of me. I would get through eventually and I wouldn't want to sit behind 5-somes for 3 hours. I don't think their desire to play through was unreasonable but their execution was dumb.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 1

Quote:
I was playing Bradford Park, NC this last Sunday with 4 other friends. Every tee pad was full for the next 10 holes with ppl playing in between people waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
My solution when the course is that packed? Find another course or do some field work.
Absolutely. Aren't there like 12 billion courses in NC?