Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thumbs up Disc Golf Tattoos?

I was just wondering if anyone out there is THAT DEDICATED to the sport that they've been inspired to permanently etch/ink their flesh with something disc golf related. I know I want something DG-related, just haven't hashed out the perfect design yet.

I met this middle-aged guy at Manitowalk in the Park, and he had an entire back piece of a fantasy 18-hole course. I wish I'd gotten a photo, 'cause it's hard to describe...just imagine if J.R.R. Tolkien and Dr. Seuss got together, took a lot of acid, and designed a course. That's how it looked, a full-color fantasy world with trolls and goblins throwing discs all over the place. Awesome tat.

Please post pics if you got 'em! Even if it's some ghetto-looking india-ink basket design you had your friend do at a party.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 15

I played a couple rounds with a guy that was going to get a tatoo on his arm of an eagle soaring through the air while clenching a basket in its claws. I don't know if he actually went through with it, but he sounded dead serious.

I want a tattoo, but I don't think I could get anything DG related and not feel like a dork.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 16

No tattoos here...I can't think of anything that I enjoy now that I am confident I would enjoy a wrinkly, saggy version of in 60 years
Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 18

[QUOTEI want a tattoo, but I don't think I could get anything DG related and not feel like a dork.[/QUOTE]

Same here ive thought about it several times but it just doesnt seem right.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lko102 View Post
No tattoos here...I can't think of anything that I enjoy now that I am confident I would enjoy a wrinkly, saggy version of in 60 years
I've got 3 total. I was the same way at 1st but then it occurred to me that the wrinkly saggy version of me 60 years from now probably wont be impressing anyone regardless of if those sags n wrinkles have ink on them or not lol
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 19

I'm one of the few Marines I know that didn't get a tattoo. Even if I did I don't think I could think of a cool disc golf related tat.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
I've got 3 total. I was the same way at 1st but then it occurred to me that the wrinkly saggy version of me 60 years from now probably wont be impressing anyone regardless of if those sags n wrinkles have ink on them or not lol
True enough, lol
Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
I'm one of the few Marines I know that didn't get a tattoo. Even if I did I don't think I could think of a cool disc golf related tat.
Well, I know a few jarheads that didn't get inked, myself not being one of them, but this thread did jar a memory of a really bad tattoo that I saw while stationed in Memphis, TN.

It was a Poison "Flesh and Blood" tattoo on some guy's forearm, just like the one on the album. Wow, what an idiot.

Glad to see that there's not 5 pages of people showing off their DG tats - but that's just me. At least these days the tattoo removal process isn't as painful and involved as it used to be.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 819

I saw one where on the left calf, the guy had a stylized player just releasing a putt, and on the right calf there was the basket. I thought that was an interesting idea.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 84

there was an issue of dgwn with pics of players tats...i have seen a few personally... to each his own