Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Favorite disc golf podcast
SmashBoxx 29 67.44%
Disc Golf Answer Man 5 11.63%
Zen Disc Golf 1 2.33%
Other (please name) 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Best disc golf podcast and why

Discuss.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by KenanFlagler01; 08-26-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:49 AM

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 16
The Disc Golf Show is one I really like. Also could add r/discgolf podcast though they have only had one.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 15
I am interested to see what people say. Just yesterday I was looking through various disc golf podcasts to see which one I should try. I downloaded a couple of Smashboxx episodes, but I haven't had a chance to listen yet.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 100
Smashboxx no doubt. Gives you good insider information, usually not afraid to speak their mind.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:22 AM

Courses Played: 16
I've really been digging Final Round Radio and I'm not from NC. I like their chill approach to DG conversation. DGAM is cool always like to hear what EMac and CDSB have to say but they get to many similar questions it seems. I do like how Bobby has spiced it up with some different segments lately. Smashboxx is always exciting to watch live. It's pretty cool that we have a live show for DG. Smashboxx is essentially DG sports center considering the focus of the show is more on the side of happenings in and around the Pro circuit. The interaction with the chat board is really cool giving Joe Schmoe discers the chance to ask Paul McBeth and the like questions from their living room. All the guys that have started up fresh podcasts have done a good job in finding their own niche.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Bogey Member

I want to like SmashBoxxTV, but how do y'all make it through a 2 to 3-hour podcast?! I can't do it. I voted for Disc Golf Answer Man because I like the content and they stay on topic, but even their 1-hour episodes are a stretch. Every DG podcast I've tried just has a lot of chatter and could easily be cut in half. I would love a 15-20 minute daily podcast from DGAM or the Disc Golf Guy.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Bogey Member

Final Round Radio ...thanks for posting that one! I hadn't heard of it, but I'm from Charlotte and still live in NC. Downloading now.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Bogey Member

I didn't mean for my earlier comment to sound so harsh. I really like the DG podcasts I've tried. But I'm a long-time podcast guy -- longer than I've been playing DG -- and I'm conditioned to prefer shorter, crisper podcasts that I can churn through on my commute.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 100
I like smashboxx because of how long it is. Nothing feels rushed, plus I have more than 2 hours of commuting per day so I have plenty of time to listen.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenanFlagler01 View Post
I want to like SmashBoxxTV, but how do y'all make it through a 2 to 3-hour podcast?! I can't do it. I voted for Disc Golf Answer Man because I like the content and they stay on topic, but even their 1-hour episodes are a stretch. Every DG podcast I've tried just has a lot of chatter and could easily be cut in half. I would love a 15-20 minute daily podcast from DGAM or the Disc Golf Guy.
I much prefer to watch/listen to smashboxx live. I tune in and out during the live show and enjoy all of it. Someone who watch/listens after the fact would probably find the long run time to be a pain, so I get that. I feel the same way about their live streams of tournaments.